Chapter 6

Aaaanndddd here is Chapter 6, for all of you lovely readers! I've spent the entire day working on this and I, quite frankly, am very excited to share this next bit with you all. Let's not forget I have 200 reads, which is amazing! You guys are the best C:

So Halloween is right around the corner, and I thought I'd spice things up a bit, and add a hint of SPOOOOOOOOKY! I'd like to have another chapter posted in a few days as a proper Halloween Special, but no promises. I've got a busy life, dearies. Anyway, don't forget to COMMENT, and VOTE! Oh, and as always, my musical inspiration is posted above, but it's really long so I don't expect you to sit around for the whole thing. Lolol

Seriously, I love the feedback though, so leave a comment on your favorite part or something :D Love you guys! 

-XOXO

I now present to you..............CHAPTER 6!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Analia could feel the blood rushing up to her neck, some pooling on her tongue as her face paled and her eyes fogged over. The ceiling spun round and round, like the wheels of a carriage, and the candles flickered until they finally died out. She could feel Kaname's weight on top of her, but she was paralyzed beneath him. Blood dripped down her neck and out of the corners of her mouth as he continued to ravish her. Was he going to kill her?

Kaname stared at the woman on the other side of the river, her white dress splattered with red. He could see her hollow cheeks and pale eyes from where he stood, and it wasn't until he looked at his own hands that he realized he was the cause. He was the monster. Looking down at the river, his hands shook as body upon body floated by, red ribbons of blood consuming the once pure water. Hearing a soft whimper, his eyes averted back to Analizabeth, only to watch her fall into the pile, lifeless and drained of blood, much like all of his other victims. Kaname had tried to reach out and grab her, losing balance as he went crashing down, falling beneath the sea of bodies.

As Kaname fell deeper into the water, dead bodies covered the surface, black coils wrapping around his ankles, their sharp thorns digging into his flesh. The deeper the coils pulled him, the weaker he became, fighting until he no longer could. Thorns ripped through his shirt and pants, exposing his body entirely, coils feasting on his blood visciously. Kaname's head hung down until his chin touched his chest, feeling weak and empty inside. The darkness had always been so greedy, taking more than it ever claimed it would because it wasn't black without the absence of light. It wasn't Hell if purity remained.

"Blood, blood, tainted with blood.

Take away the light, never day, always night.

Fear me, fear us.

Gone forever, burned to dust.

Darkness and Ghouls,

Have come to feast on your souls."

Voices echoed in the back of Kaname's mind, black roses sprouting from the possessive coils that wrapped around him like chains. This had been his fate for quite some time now. He was nothing more than a vessel for the evil, a vase for the black roses, whose thorns scratched the crystal. Kaname was powerful, but he was nothing without the dark. Now that he had found the light again... Is the dark still where he wished to be?

Analia had noticed Kaname wasn't as strong as he had been just a few moments ago, though she had become rather weak as well. He had stopped drinking her blood, but his fangs remained deep in her neck, and the ceiling spun not so heavily. The blood pooled in her mouth had drained back down her neck, making her gasp for air as the passageways finally cleared. Tears ran down her face as Kaname finally lifted himself and stood, offering her a hand to take. His eyes glowed red and his lips were smeared with her blood, influencing the panic and fear that had settled inside of Analia.

Slapping his hand away, she stood from the table, gripping the edge of the chair to stay balanced. "Don't touch me. You ravish me selfishly, and then act as though you are a friend and not a foe. But I know now Kaname, that you have always been the enemy. I wish I hadn't forgotten." Wiping her eyes, Analia dragged herself towards the door, feeling faint and weak. "I'm going back to my bedroom, now that you've feasted carelessly. I pray I have enough life to make it to tomor-," her voice cut short as she collapsed to the floor, losing consciousness.

Kaname caught her before she fell, holding her limp body in his arms as he left the dining hall. He hadn't been drinking her blood selfishly, but selflessly. The dark was something he had become accustomed to, unlike Analia. She was far too innocent to be sucked in by the evil, and it was only a matter of time until he would no longer have the power to protect her. Until then though, he would do everything he possibly could, even if it meant tainting his once pure soul with the dark abyss.

Laying her down on her bed, he kissed her forehead and pulled the blanket up over her. "I'm sorry you feel that way about me, but I promise to change your mind. I never mean you any harm, my love. I never did." He kept his lips pressed to her head as he erased everything that had just happened from her memories, allowing his lips to linger for just a moment longer.

Analia groaned as she awoke, her neck sore and her body lacking strength. Sitting up, she looked around, seeing silhouettes of old, leafless trees. Swinging her feet over the edge of the bed, she looked down at the ground, only to see her toes submerged in bloody water. Her heart began to race as fear settled in, pulling her feet up onto the bed, making it teeter back and forth on top of the water. Crawling to the foot of the bed, Analia looked down into the creek, seeing her reflection.

Her hair that was once black was now gray, and her skin that was once young and smooth was now old and wrinkly. Reaching out to the water, her fingers touched the surface, making the image distorted as ripples spread out. This woman looked exactly like her, but how so? Was this her future? Would she grow old and die?

Sitting up, Analia put her fingers up to her neck, searching for a set of bite marks. Her hand froze as the cold metal of a gold chain met the pads of her fingers. A necklace? She hadn't been wearing a necklace before, had she? Reaching around with both hands, she found the small clasp and undid it, pulling the jewelry from around her neck. She stared down at the locket, Analizabeth engraved in cursive on the front. Turning the locket over, she ran her thumb over the other name engraved in cursive; Analia.

Curious as to what was inside the locket, Analia used the tip of her thumb nail to pry the two halves apart, ignoring how the bed had begun to rock more. Just as she had gotten it open, the bed let out a muffled groan as the head of the frame began to sink, grabbing Analia's attention. Scrambling towards the edge of the foot of the bed, the locket that was once in her hand fell into the water, and as Analia tried to grab it, she lost her balance and into the water she fell.

The icy creek nipped at her skin, her toes going numb as she rose to the surface, coughing up water while she tried to stay afloat. Seeing the edge of the land, she rushed over, fighting against the debris in creek. Pulling herself up, her teeth chattered as she sat on the forest floor, twigs that had been floating now tangled in her hair. What the hell was happening?

Analia watched as her bed sank into the water, the forest falling quiet again.