He's my Savior, and I'm his Lover Part 3

• Dedicated to Daniel A.

I heard a deep voice calling out to me. I opened my eyes and saw a boy. He had dark hair and blue eyes. He looked like an angel. Maybe I was in heaven after all, I thought. But then that went away when I sat up on a bed in a dark room. Light shone in through the huge windows and he held me up and cradled me in his arms.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Am I dead?" was the first thing that my mouth said.

He laughed and answered me. "No, your in my house."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." He smiled at me and that was all it took to make my go numb. I looked away from his eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"I'm Joey. Joey Myers. And you?" he continued to smile and hold me tighter.

"I'm Jasmine Singer." I looked up into his deep blue eyes. "I was in the lake. What happened?"

He stiffened at my question, thought for a little bit, then replied. "I was taking a late swim last night when I saw you go into the water. I rescued you."

"But why? I purposely went into that water." I looked away from him now and spoke quietly. "I wanted to die." Then tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't stop them before they escaped.

He put up a hand to my face and wiped my tears away. "You're too young. It's not the time for you to die. You still have your whole life ahead of you, Jasmine." Now he pulled me so close my head was against his perfectly toned chest.

We stayed like that for what seemed like hours. I cried for that whole time, until I finally got up and took in my surroundings.

I was in a room with huge windows, and a view to the mountains. There was a bed, a dresser, and a desk all in here. I looked out the window and could see a gardener tending the rose bushes. Then in the front was a huge water fountain. I could've taken a comfortable swim in there. Wow! I was pretty sure Joey was richer than my parents.

"Is this your house?" I asked him as I walked to a painting hanging near the door. Hmm, it was Nude, Green Leaves, and Bust by Picasso. A fabulous piece of art.

"Yes, I live here alone." He laughed and walked up beside me, looking at the painting. "You know, this cost me $90 million? I cant believe I actually paid that much for it. But it was always my mother's dream to have this painting in this house." He stood quietly and stared at it, deep in thought.

"Was? What happened to her?" I asked him.

"She and my father both died in an airplane crash when they were headed to London for an important meeting." I could sense he no longer wanted to talk about it.

I looked at him. He was sad, and so lonely. I wanted to hold him, though I just met him. But I felt a connection. Like maybe we knew each other in a past life, if that even existed. Without even thinking about it, I walked forward and hugged him. He lowered his head and fit it into the side of my neck. I heard a sniffle coming from his nose.

"It's alright." I told him softly.

We stayed like that for a while, until he finally separated and wiped his eyes. Damn, they were really red.

Just then, I heard a loud Ding! From a grandfather clock outside the room. I stepped out into the hallway and looked at it. Shit! It was noon. The next day. My parents were definitely going to kill me now.

I looked back at him. "I have to go. My parents must be worried." I lied. Of course they wouldn't. But it wouldn't be good if I didn't go home to them.

"Wait, can I have your number first?" he asked me. He looked really sad, and I couldn't say no. I really didn't want to leave him.

"Sure." I whispered and gave him a smile. I grabbed the nearest piece of paper and a pen and scribbled down my cell phone number and handed it to him. "There."

"'Kay, thanks." Then he wrote his down and gave the piece of paper to me. I put it in my pocket and smiled. He smiled at me and gave me a surprising hug. I stepped back after a short embrace, and he led me out to a limo. "My driver will take you back. Just tell him where to go."

"Alright. Thank you Joey." I gave him another smile and walked over to the limo and sat down in it. I told the driver my directions, and waved goodbye to Joey out the window.

About fifteen minutes later, the driver pulled up to my house. I told him Thank you and hurried through the gates and up the path to the front door. Before my hands even reached the knob, my dad opened the door and slapped me right across the face.

"Where the hell have you been?!?!" He screamed at me. I didn't look back, but I really hoped the driver was gone by now.

"Why do you care?" I yelled at him and slipped under his arms, trying to run up the stairs.

Halfway up, a sharp pain went through my back. I turned around to see my blood dripping on the ground and shards of a broken wine bottle on the ground.

"What the fuck?!?" I screamed at him. Rage filled my face as I stood on the stairs waiting for an answer.

"You better talk to me the right way young lady. I am your father." He crossed his arms and just stood there.

I flipped him off and hurried up the stairs. Then I heard steps behind me and something, no, someone grabbed my hair. I turned around to see my father with my hair in his hands and he threw me down against the wall. I hit my right shoulder, and stayed on the ground.

"Don't mess with me," he said in a very serious tone.

"Fuck you asshole," I said to him and stared at the ground. He pulled me up by the arm and attempted to slap me again. I grabbed his hand in midair, took hold of it, and hit him where it hurts. He fell to the ground in pain, and that's when a made a run for my room without looking back.

I came inside and locked the door. I ran to my closet and took out my largest duffel bag. Inside, I stuffed all of my toiletries, a few bras and undies, an extra pair of shoes, and some clothes. Also my iPod and my makeup.

I heard a sudden bang at the door, then the very pissed off voice of my dad, and my mom joining in. I took a piece of paper, scribbled "I hate you" on it, and passed it under the door. Then I ran to my window with my bag, and after saying a quick prayer, jumped two stories to the ground below. I landed with a Thud!, grabbed my bag, and ran to the little opening in the fencing on the side of the house. I jumped over, and sprinted towards the lake.

Once there, I took out the piece of paper with Joey's number written on it. He picked up after the second ring.

"Hey, could you pick me up?" He said sure through the phone.

"Alright, I'm at the lake." He told me he'd be here in ten minutes and I hung up.