«Chapter 14»

Ashton
"The paramedics just said that we need to keep an eye on him, and he might be a little confused sometimes, just stuff like that." Luke whispered to Michael as Calum gently pushed me down on the bed.

I whined and tried to sit up again but Calum just gave me a stern look and pushed me to lay down on my back.

"'M not tired, I just needed to stay still until my eyes stopped playing tricks on me." I grumbled and Calum just rolled his eyes fondly.

"Ashton you have a concussion, and you're dizzy so you need to lay down or I'll take you to the hospital, your choice."

I grumbled but turned on my side with a pout.

I grabbed his hand when he tried to walk over to where Michael and Luke were still whispering with each other, glancing over at me occasionally. "I'll lay down if you cuddle with me." I bargain.

Calum smiles but agrees, spooning me from behind as he holds me tightly. I can see the pain and rejection in his eyes and it kills me. I had to talk to them, figure this whole thing out before it got out of hand.

"Cal?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" He said softly, kissing my shoulder gently.

"I didn't reject you." I whisper but he stays silent.

"Earlier I mean. When you and Mikey said you loved me, I didn't reject you." I mumble into my pillow.

"Then why did you leave?" He asked after a few minutes of silence and I sighed.

"I was scared." I turn around in his hold to look at him and I bit my lip. "I was a little overwhelmed I guess too? I mean, my two best friends just randomly confessed to me and I just needed time to process that, you know?" He nodded but wouldn't look at me.

"Cal?" I ask and he only looks at me briefly before averting his gaze to something over my head.

"Yeah?" He asks shakily, probably preparing himself for more rejection.

"I love you too." I whisper.

He looks at me with wide eyes but he's got the biggest smile on his face.

"For real?" He asks and I laugh lightly.

"For real." I mumble and before I can say anything else, he leans down and kisses me. It's slow and sweet and full of happiness. Calum is almost bouncing in place with how happy he suddenly is.

"Wow I can't believe this. I love you so much Ashton and I know it's a little weird but then again what part of our relationship isn't, right?"

"Calum, you're rambling." I mumble and close my eyes for a brief second. It hurt me to know that I would crush his happiness in a minute. Because if they wanted me to choose, well I wouldn't. I couldn't.

If you loved someone, could you choose?

Michael and Luke were looking over at us now, giving Calum weird looks as he held me with the biggest smile on his face.

"Yeah, sorry." He mumbles but doesn't stop smiling.

"What's his problem?" Michael mutters to Luke in a playful manner but he seems legitimately curious. I mean he probably is. I left them both feeling rejected in the hallway, I would feel pretty crappy as well.

And before I can stop him, Calum opens his mouth again. "Ashton said he loves me too! He loves me back." Calum laughs breathlessly at the end and cuddles into me more. I can't help but compare him to a happy puppy and for a moment I'm happy, I smile with a little giggle as I run my fingers through Calum's hair.