10.

"Hello?" I ask, answering the phone, the caller id unavailable. "Who is this?" Silence."please speak before I cut you off, I don't appreciate prank calls." Silence.

I hover my finger over the red button but am halted by a tiny voice coming the microphone. I smack the phone to my ear.

"Hi, sorry it's me." Willow.

"Oh, thank god. I was wondering where you are, I'm in Tim hortons." I sip my tea.

"Just coming in now." She tells me and spin my head around the face the door and sure enough there she is, her tight curls around her face with her signature wide smile there too.

"Hey." I greet her as she walks in, taking a seat opposite me and looking around.

"Hey." I put my tea to my lips and slurp annoyingly catching the eyes of everyone around me in annoyance. I smile innocently and everyone returns to their drinks or conversations."so tell me what happened with Shawn."

Straight in there.

I roll my eyes and tell her about everything that happened last night, making sure not to leave any tiny details that could easily slip a persons mind. I probably would forget usually but , seeing as every inch of that night is burned into my memory, I don't miss out a thing.

"Wow." She says, relaxing, taking in everything for a moment. "Well, what are you gonna do? I respect your decision either way."

I think momentarily, contemplating my options.

"I think I'm gonna go." I state and I watch as her eyes almost double in size.

"What?!" She yells, catching everyone's undivided attention immediately.

"What happened to respecting my decision?" I ask, slightly hurt.

"Id probably respect it if it were the right one." I roll my eyes and try my best to contain my giggle.

"I'm going out with cam tonight. I think he's gonna ask me to be his girlfriend."

•••

We walk, hand in hand, the spring air cooling its way in between us as a light breeze picks up, swiftly coating my body, causing a symphony of chills up my spine.

I sway our intertwined fingers as my flimsy shoes soles slap against the ground timidly.

A group of birds begin to swing sweet songs in the distance and the trees whistle sweetly in the wind.

"So," he begins, his gaze fixed on the array of colours that are painting the sky tonight. "I've been wanting to ask you this for a while now..." I brace myself, I know what he's going to say.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks, his face shy and a light rose surfaces his chiselled cheeks.

"No." I tell him a serious frown plastered over my face. The birds stop singing, the trees stop whistling, the bright sky seems to paint over in grey. He looks at me in horror, shock, confusion and an emotion I've never seen him wear.

I continue to frown at him for a few more seconds before cracking a sweet smiling and standing on my tiptoes to kiss his soft cheeks. I stand back on my feet and he still looks confused.

"Of course, silly, I was just joking." He smiles and leans down, kissing me before resting his chin in the crook of my neck.

"Thank you, Hannah." I can feel his smile against the sensitive flesh on my neck.

Oh, but don't you just wish this wasn't him.