Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Saxon!" I hiss.

"Look the bastard is alive. They are both Alpha children, a fall from this high isn't going to kill them. Bruise their egos a little, but they are fine," he chuckles as if kicking a fully grown male off a tree house porch is a regular guy thing.

"You're an idiot." Shaking my head, I lean over the edge to see both Saxon and Roarke walking around. Are they injured? My mind is racing a million miles a minute with those critical thoughts. Even if I am frightened to be lovey dovey with Roarke, he is my mate, and I care if he comes to harms door.

"Anthony is on his way along with the rest of the guys. Don't worry; he will find out if your stud muffin is going to be able to give you children." Winking at me, he shoves my shoulder with a laugh.

"Gross, Kai." Talking about having sex with my mate, with my ex-lover doesn't sit well with me.

"On a different note, I wonder how many more pack members of his are to arrive in the coming weeks. It's been a month already, and it seems as if his wolves are never ending," he ponders with curiosity.

"Well maybe if you didn't cut the rope and kick his brother in the gut, then he might let you sniff out the new females. I doubt he wants you anywhere near them at this moment. In fact, I believe he wants your head on a spike if I heard him right that is." Keeping my eyes on Roarke and his brothers, I strain my ears to listen to what exactly they are cursing about. Saxon hasn't attempted to climb again, and it worries me. What is he planning on doing?

"You're already defending your boy toy." Rolling his eyes, he plops down onto the wood. "I want my female supporting me."

"She will come soon, Kai. You have to have faith." It's been hard on the guys these past years. Most of the pack males have found their mates. For some reason none of my besties have, and it's draining on them; emotionally and hormonally. Being near irritable wolves is no fun.

"I hope so," he sighs, his shoulders slump forward in depression.

"It looks like the cavalry has arrived. Just in time too, my stomach is angry with the scent of spicy chicken down there." Patting my belly, I moan out in agony.

"I don't think Lexi will make it unless she gets that food in her belly soon!" Kai shouts to the group of males and wolves down below.

Seconds later, Cain clips all the bags to a climbing hook before he latches onto the tree and begins to scale it. In no time at all he reaches us and Kai helps him up onto the porch.

"Took you long enough, jeez," Kai chuckles before snatching up the food and heading into the kitchen area.

"You're welcome, fat ass," Cain grumbles back. "How are you doing?" He gives me a warm smile and hug before we sit down and await our plates of food.

"As best as I can be at the moment. I'm split in two; one side wants to devour Roarke, the other wants to hide under a rock and never see him again. His brother Saxon spoke of how they do not harm their females, but can I trust his words?"

"There is no rush, Lexi. Take the time to get to know him. I'm sure once he finds out why you are so hesitant to be with him, he will understand. Roarke doesn't seem like the type of guy to act without thinking. At least we haven't seen him do it yet. With every couple, there are bound to be trials and no doubt you and Roarke will have them. This time, you will have us right down the street to run to in case he becomes a douche bag."

"No blowing up houses?" I mumble, my fingers twisting together.

"Not unless he deserves it." Cain's arm around my shoulder gives me a sense of peace. He is the only one who can calm me down after a night terror, and I'm frightened to see how Roarke will react to that information.