Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"I promise, Kai and I will not be touching at all tonight. There will be way too many eyes on us to not get in trouble with Roarke's pack. Starting a war isn't how I want this night to end." Crossing my heart and blowing him a kiss, I hop out of the truck and follow the guys inside.

My thoughts were correct, they knew about Kai and I. It's alright, it's not like we've done anything other than hug since Roarke strolled into town.

"Good, I don't feel like getting sweaty because of fighting. Now rubbing up on a plump piece of ass is alright by me. I wonder if any of Roarke's pack mates will be here." Kai rubs his hands together in anticipation of finding a female to rub all up on.

Since we broke up, he hasn't touched another female. Maybe this is the night to which will help him move forward. Who knows, he may find his soul-mate within Roarke's pack. Then again, that might not be such a grand idea. Roarke will then have access to his mind after a link is created and nothing good will ever come with that. Kai loves replaying over our late night fucks.

I can picture Roarke barging into Kai's bedroom and bloodying him up to a liquid mass of broken limbs on the floor before stomping out to find me and spank my ass before showing me who I belong to. Yeah, the latter sounds amazing, not the former.

"How about a round of shots?" Kai asks as we sit down at the bar and gain the bartenders attention. With it being early, not many people are at the bar.

"You're on! Hey, Kale, can Kai and I get ten shots each?" Kale has been the bartender since the place opened up and he is one hell of a drink mixer. I swear it's in his veins to concoct new drinks.

"Haven't seen you two in here for quite some time. It is finally rematch round eighty-four?" He chuckles while shaking his head at us.

"I thought it was rematch round eighty-six?" Kai and I used to come here every chance we could before Roarke showed up. Dancing and getting drunk is something the both of us love to do. With the beat, alcohol and sweaty bodies, it's the perfect time to relax and enjoy oneself.

The first time Kai bet me he could drink me under the table, he lost terribly. I learned how to hold my liquor when I was using it to keep myself from blowing up. Since then, Kai and I compete to see who will survive the night. We've both lost nearly around the same amount, but I'm in the lead by five, or at least I thought I was.

"You sure it's round eighty-four?" I squint my eyes at Kale. He better not be teaming up Kai, or I'll chop both of them in half.

"I'm sure, beauty. Look for yourself." Pointing behind him, I skim down the chalkboard. Sure enough, it says eighty-four was our last round. "Damn, I'm losing my mind."

"We already know that," Kai chuckles as he picks up two shots.

We clink our glasses together before downing the freezing liquor. I've loved the burning sensation as it travels down my throat, I crave it, not as bad as I used to four years ago, though.

"You know what I just figured out?" Kai slumps against the black granite bar top.

"What?" Clinking two more glasses, we throw them back, one after another.

"This will be our last time doing this. Roarke no doubt will ban you from this place." Swallowing four without thinking, he brings the last two up to clash with mine. "To the amazing times together in this bloody fantastic establishment."

"Cheers." We may be werewolves, but that doesn't mean we can't get intoxicated. Of course, we have scientists who have perfected special drinks for our species. If humans were to get their hands on any of it, one drink would send them to an early grave.

"It's dancing time, sweet cheeks." Nudging me with his shoulder, he gets me moving. Before Roarke came along, he would drag me by the hand before placing his body behind mine and grind for hours. Practically fucking is what Rob used to say it looked like and I loved it.

A new beat blares through the speakers positioned accurately on the walls for maximum sound. Angel, who is the owner of the club doesn't play loads of current songs. Instead, she's collected a range of ancient ritual beats. The drums, chanting and sounds of nature gets us wolves' blood spiking high.

Lifting my hands up, I swing my body side to side as an earsplitting and influential chant beginnings. It draws energy into my limbs, giving them a type of smoothness I haven't felt in months.

Spinning in a circle, I scan the surrounding faces to see my five besties with female partners. They are encircling me, letting no male come close enough to snatch me up.

Now if only a particular man with a physique to trip head over heels over can be grating his hard cock into my ass right now. Too bad life isn't perfect.

"We will warn you if anything happens, Lexi. Go ahead and close your eyes," Kai tenderly whispers to me. He knows what I desperately want to do.

Shutting my eyes, I feel myself being sucked into another dream.

*****Naughty scenes are all on Radish. Can't have them here without the book turning mature.*****

"Lexi," he shouts. "Lexi, snap out of it."

"What?" Why does he want me to stop? Suddenly he is thrown away from me as the world tilts and disappears altogether.

"Shit, it's getting harder to drag you out of those fantasies of yours each time, Lexi." Kai sounds worried.

"How long was I under for this time?" Gasping for air, I bend over to gain control of my body and mind.

"Nearly twenty minutes. That's not why I yanked you out of it, though. Roarke is here. We need to use the back door and leave." He doesn't touch me as everyone knows what a male wolf will do when another is encroaching on his female.

Peeking over his shoulder, I not only see Roarke, but his four brother's as well. His pack members enter from behind him and begin to search the club, no doubt for me. My eyes catch Anthony and Rob stepping up to Roarke, apparently trying to give me the extra minutes to escape. Two powerful Alpha's in one small room isn't necessarily a bad thing, at the moment it doesn't look to be heading in that direction. Roarke doesn't look happy as he begins to scan the people dancing.

Knowing my night is over, I turn and quickly walk towards the back exit. Keith nods his head to me before slamming the metal door shut after we've made it through.

Leaning on Kai's shoulder, I slip off my heels and hook them on my fingers as we head off into the direction of town.

"How does gelato sound?" I ask Kai as we make it six blocks away from the club.

My chest isn't rising and falling hard from the run, but from the longing to go back and make my vision a reality. And that is exactly what I think my dreams are, a future. Each one becomes a part of me as if I've known Roarke for years. We hold no secrets in the short time we spend together. I can only pray he is dealing with the same issue's I am, a heated body and over stimulated mind.

"It sounds perfect for this hot night." Looking over his shoulder, he checks to make sure no one is following us before opening the door to the shop and entering.

****************************

Is Kai risking his life right now?

How angry do you think Roarke will be when he catches up to them?

Edited 10-13-2020: His Touch is completed on patreon. Book 2 is being updated. Book 3 will be start being posted this winter.

Www.patreon.com/tessat

I know some people don't like how patreon is set up, so I have all my books on google docs for you to read. I will just need your Google email once you pick a Tier.