Isaac-Chapter 2

Everything had gone according to his plan until the point when he saw her face. Something about her drew him in as he watched the woman from where he sat across the street, sipping a steaming cup of hot chocolate. He never saw a picture of her before, but Isaac knew that this woman was his contact by the way she sat scanning the crowd.

Isaac cocked his head to the side, taking her in with interest. She looked to have such a susceptible look to her, one that he could probably play with. He didn't know what it was about her... only that he really, really wanted to play a prank on her. Just from her expression alone, he could already tell that this would be fun.

Would it just be easier to walk up to her and take the flash drive himself? Most definitely. But Isaac had never been known to do things the conventional way.

Now the only question left was which prank would he play on her? He could dress up as a waiter and come to her apartment door and see if she recognized him. He could get to her hotel first and come out of her bathroom in just a towel as if she walked into the wrong room.

He considered that one for a moment before shaking his head. That one might be a little too much. He might just have to save that one for later.

A light bulb clicked on in his head as a grin spread across his face. She was about to get so pissed off, because like it or not, she was about to be sent on a wild goosechase.

As the woman stood up to leave, Isaac followed her at a respectful distance, tugging his thick scarf higher up around his mouth. He watched her closely while at the same time hastily scrawling words across a small piece of paper that said, You missed our meeting. Reconvene at The Scottish Pub ASAP. Hopefully she'd take the bait. The adventure only started there.

He followed behind her long enough before casually bumping into her and slipping the piece of paper into her pocket, mumbling an apology before melting back into the crowds. She glanced around in confusion before letting out a sigh and continuing forward. Poor girl. She was going to hate him! But it all came with a nice surprise at the end which might soften the blow.

Another woman approached Agent Crowther and tapped her on the shoulder. Crowther spun around in instant defense mode, but then she seemed to calm down immediately as she took in the woman.

"Excuse me," the woman said. "But someone just put a piece of paper into your pocket."

"Did they now?" Crowther asked in surprise, searching her pockets before she found the paper. As she read it, her eyebrows furrowed further and further together. From here, Isaac couldn't hear what she whispered under her breath, but it definitely couldn't be good.

She hiked her gloves further up her wrists and began talking to herself angrily as she stomped back the way she came. She passed right by him and Isaac had to hold back a fit of laughter. Oh, man. He was going to be in so much trouble. It was awesome.

Isaac buried his face in his book as he slowly followed after her. Crowther continued talking to herself which made Isaac realize that she wore an earpiece. He'd need to be a little more careful because he never knew if someone else watched them too.

Agent Crowther entered The Scottish Pub and sat at an empty table all while Isaac took a seat at the bar. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched as the CIA agent took off her coat and draped it over a chair before taking her gloves off, blowing into her hands to get them to warm up. Too bad the shelter from the cold would be short lived.

He began scrawling another note to her, unsuccessfully holding back his grin. You're too beautiful to be seen at a place like this. You stand out too much. Reconvene at The National Gallery of Denmark. Ta ta.

He folded up the note five times before giving the bartender thirty-two danish krone, also equal to five American dollars, as a bribe to get him to deliver the note to Agent Crowther. As much as he wanted to watch, he knew he'd immediately get caught if he stayed.

Isaac made his way out of the bar and sat down several yards away with his back against the brick building, making it look as if he were a homeless man. She'd never even cast him a second glance.

Sure enough, a minute later, Agent Crowther stormed out of the pub, looking even more furious than ever. She walked right by without looking at him, muttering angrily once again. This time, he could hear her.

"This guy is a nutcase! He's leading me on a wild goosechase, Will! Why don't we just call this off?"

His laughter became muffled inside his scarf, and he almost felt bad for doing it again. Almost. But he hadn't played a prank in a long time, so this was definitely filling that need.

The pen clicked open before Isaac once again wrote a note to her, and this one would probably make her absolutely livid. He couldn't wait!

The note read, Thank you for your time, Crowther, but I will not be meeting you today. Actually, I got everything I came for when I pickpocketed you right when I gave you that first note. I look forward to meeting you again soon.

Isaac fingered the flash drive with a triumphant smile. Targeting a jetlagged, angry woman wasn't entirely fair, but it made for a little fun. On his side at least.

As Agent Crowther entered the museum, Isaac bribed a little boy to go in after her to give her the note. Right when the boy hurried inside, Isaac hailed a taxi cab and held the door as he waited. Sure enough, a frustrated groan carried all the way outside the museum before Isaac slid into the backseat of the cab, a grin spreading across his face. Cooper: one. Crowther: zero.