[8] Valentine's Day

Comincia dall'inizio

"I No monster." Ellie pouts.

"No Ellie you're not, you're momma's angel." I tell her. I stand up picking her up. "Now did you make breakfast for me, or did you eat it all?" I joke.

"No we left a pancake for you momma!" Ellie cheers. The three of us walk down stairs. When I turn the corner to the kitchen I see a while bunch of pink and red ribbons hanging from the ceiling and pink hear confetti everywhere.

"Surprise!" Ellie and Adam cheer at the same time.

"Happy Valentimes day!" Ellie's says.

"Valentines." Adam corrects her. I totally forgot that it was today. The part twelve hours haven't exactly been great.

I go and sit at the spot where there are two heart shaped pancakes on a heart shaped plate. There was also strawberry milk poured into a glass for me,

"Did you do all this you two?" I ask them. Ellie nods. She wiggles out of my arms and grabs something from he living room.

"And I make for you!" She says handing me a pink card. "With Roo!" She says. I can't help but think what Ruth will think of me when she finds out she's been watching over her niece all theses times.

I open up the pink card and see two stick women. Beside one it says LE and by the other it says momma. I laugh at her spelling. And it's obvious hat Ruth wrote the 'happy valentines day' at the top. There was sparkles, and little drawings every where.

"That you Ellie." I smile kissing her forehead. "Now do you know where we out uncle Adam's gift?" I ask her and she nods. "Can you go grab it and give it to him?" I tell her and she disappears.

"You didn't need to get me anything." Adam says.

"Yea I did! You're my amazing older brother! " I tell him and he hands me a small box. "You didn't need to get me anything." I protest.

"Yes I did you're my amazing little sister!" He jokes, mocking me.

Soon Ellie reappears. She hands my brother the little envelope. The two of us open the gifts at the same time.

"My favourite perfume! Thank you so much!" I say.

"Sick two tickets to the football match! Thanks Blue!" He says giving me a huge hug. "And don't think I forgot you baby girl." Adam says towards Ellie. He pulls a little red box out of his sweater and hands it to her.

"What is is?" She asks.

"Open and see silly." I tease her. Ellie opens up the little box and I recognize the little old locket hanging in it. It was my sisters, my grandmother had given it to her before I was born, before my grandmother died. I never met her.

"Pretty!" The locket was in the shape of a heart with a little blue diamond on the front. Ellie was mesmerized by it. I took the necklace out of her hands and put it around her neck.

"You know baby, this was your aunts." I pick my little girl up and sit her on the couch while Adam tells her about the necklace. The three of us sit on the couch before he continues.

"Aunt Alice?" Ellie questions.

"Yes baby, auntie Alice. It was her favourite necklace when we were growing up." Adam tells her.

"How did you find it?" I ask Adam. Alice lost it when we were young, she blamed it on me and wouldn't talk to me for the longest time.

"I have a box in my apartment from things from her flat. That was hidden at the bottom." He tells me. "I decided that I should go through the box, you know get rid of a few things. "