{1}

After you had graduated high school, from that moment you knew you would not see Harleen, or Harley as she liked to be called, for a long time. You were going to study (choose a major) and she was going to study psychology. You supported her on the subject, just like she supported you. If you would have known what it was going to do to her, you probably might have talked Harley out of going.
    You had finished before her, and got an apartment you both shared. It was fun living with your best friend. After Harley had graduated from college, she got a job at Arkham Asylum, as one of the many psychologists. You were very proud at how far she has come. It was not until she received the news she would be working with the Clown Prince of Crime, yes the Joker himself. You questioned the safety of it, but Harley had assured you she would be fine. You still had this feeling something was not right. After a few days she started, she had not been around.
    You just thought she was staying late and was not back until you were asleep. "Then why would she not be home when you got up," you thought.
   You had always got up before her. Months passed and no sign of Harley, you got worried about her. As you were watching the news one day, you saw her. She was with the Joker. Harley had joined in with the bad guys.
     A couple years passed, and you still had Harley's stuff in your apartment. She was your friend, you could not give it up, it would not be right without consent. You had hope she would come back.
   You had got a job that suit the major you studied in college. You were walking home late at night from work, as you reached the apartment building you noticed your apartment's lights were on. You panicked, feared someone was breaking in, and you ran all the way. You did not take the elevator, and instead ran up the stairs. Your door was still locked, and you quickly unlocked it.  
    When you got in the small living room, no one was there, but yet the lights were on. You were on edge, the person could still be in the place. You looked around and saw no one. Sighing, you shook your head, dusting yourself off. As you sighed as someone grabbed you from behind, covering your mouth with a ragged. You were too afraid to move or say anything. The world slowly faded to a pitch black darkness.

"Come on y/n," Harley looked at you with pleading eyes, "it'll be fun."
She wanted you to sleepover at her house for her birthday. She did it for you, since you did not have a big party.
"I'm not sure," you looked down. You put your textbooks in your locker, then grabbed your bag. "I'm not that comfortable with sleeping at another person's house."
"You've been to my place many times," she grabbed your arm. You blushed at the sudden gesture. You were not sure why but Harley gave you butterflies.
You guys walked out of the schooling building, and you turned to look at her. Looking up at the sky, only using your eyes, you sighed.
"How is 6:30 for you?" you asked. She smiled big at you, and you greatly returned it.
As you had extra clothes in a bookbag, you had a pillow and blanket in your arm. Knocking on the door, and rush of emotions came over you. Mostly your stomach twisting in knots, which was unusual from the butterflies you had earlier. The door opened, and there was your best friend. She gave you a wide, crazy grin. You returned her with a nervous smile. Harley took a baseball bat, and smacked you over the head with it.
    You jolted straight up, and was slight shaken up by the dream. Taking in your surroundings, you were in a rather dark room. The bed you were sitting on was quite comfortable. You had no idea of where you were, and naturally too scared to move.
    As you scanned the room, you heard footsteps, turning your head to the door. The door handle started to move, and you began to shake unnoticed.
     "You're awake, good," a man said walking in. He had pale skin, and his chest was filled with tattoos. His lime green hair was slick back. "Come on with me, doll."
    He held out his hand, and you nervously took it. You were scared to disobey him.
    "Wh-who are you?" you asked as he guided you down a hall. He stopped and looked at you like you just killed a puppy.
    "Who am I? Who am I?" he repeated, "why dollface, I am the Joker."
    Your eyes widen in fear. What was gonna happen to you? Where was he taking you? Were you gonna die?
"Aww, are you scared? Maybe we should play a little," he caressed your face, and moved close to you. You could feel his hot breath on you.
"Mista J, let her go," a high pitch voice said. It kind of sounded familiar.
"Come on, you can't keep her to yourself," he moved away looking in the direction of the voice.
The person who spoke came into view. You smiled a bit seeing it was Harley, but it faded once you remembered. She changed quite a lot. Her hair was paler than you remembered, and it had pink and blue ends. She had some tattoos. They looked pretty neat in your perspective.
"She is not a play toy, no no," she wiggles her pointer finger, "she is my best friend."
    At the sound of that you knew she remembered you, and you ran up and hugged her as she hugged back.

{I hope you all will enjoy my story. I wanted to publish this today, only because it's my birthday. I thought it was a good day to start a new book.}