10

Wild Horses ~Bishop Briggs

"Lance. Lance?" Keith waved his hand in front of Lance's face in an irritated way.

Lance surfaced slowly, he felt groggy. Opening the room must've knocked him out. Keith was in his suit and so was Lance... how?

"You zoned out. We don't have time for that, we still haven't gathered the data Pidge needs." He says snappily. Lance leaned forward with a grin on his face and kisses him. He pulls back, his eyes glistening with tears. "We made it!"

Keith started spitting and wiped his mouth. "What the hell, Lance? You literally zoned out in the middle of a mission, we are nowhere close to making it."

A look of confusion bloomed on Lance's face. "We made it out of the simulation, I think that's quite a step." Why hadn't Keith been happy to kiss him back?

He inspected Keith, both bruises from being choked by fake Shiro and hickies from himself were present. Even his lips were swollen from the night before. So, it had to be real. Was he fucking with him?

Lance knew well enough that he had hickies all over his body, from his belly button up. He could still feel the tingling from each one.

"Lance, we don't have time for whatever the hell your weird little mind was dreaming about. Come on." He snapped and stood, walking away, his sword by his side.

Keith's heart was pounding in his chest. Why the hell had Lance kissed him? What was he dreaming about? The last fucking thing Keith wanted was to kiss Lance. Especially on a mission. Sure, he was gay, or at least bi, but for Lance? No way. That kid drove him up the wall. Still, he enjoyed his presence sometimes, and the bicker that the two shared.

Lance stood slowly, like surfacing from a dream. Keith had to be fucking with him. This was not happening again.

"Forget the data. Can we please just get off this ship?" Lance asked.

"We had a mission, McClain. I'm just doing as told." Keith continued, slashing guards as they came. He battled with ease, though he seemed a little weak.

"What happened to your neck?" Lance asked.

"My neck?" Keith looked back, glaring.

"Yes, Keith, your neck."

Keith shook his head. "Nothing. Why, is there something on it?"

"Um... not exactly." Lance trailed off awkwardly. "It's more of a-"

"Shhhhh!" Keith shushed him and they both pressed themselves against a wall.

Keith placed his hand on a scanner and the door opened. He snuck in and knocked out the guy at the panel. "Lance, you watch the door."

Lance nodded, lost in his own thoughts. He was quiet. The room had been real, right? And he and Keith... Lance shook his head. Focus. He started shooting Galra that came by while Keith downloaded whatever it was Pidge needed.

"Okay, Pidge I'm-" he hit the side of his helmet twice then took it off. "Comms are down. Huh."

Where was Matt?

"Finish the download, I have to check this ships prisoners." Lance called and started running.

"Wait, Lance! Idiot!" He called after him. He turned around and watched the door, slipping his helmet back on. Things were about to go to absolute shit.
17%
...
Lance ran around the ship, taking down Galra left and right. He didn't know how the hell he was supposed to open the doors for the cells but he'd do his best. He took a random array of turns, having no idea where he was going, until he hit the cells. There was two options, he only had time for one.
...
Keith held his ground as a Galra entered the room. He lept forward and tried to slash at him with his sword. A gun was fired at him, catching him in the side. He groaned and stood up. Bruising, maybe, but it hadn't pierced the suit, luckily enough.