Somebody I Used To Know.

Start from the beginning

I just remain with a hard expression. Mainly at the mention of his father and his unspoken threat. "Whatever. I'll be there."

He claps his hands together and smiles. "Great! See you then." He begins to jog off to his car and then turns, asking, "Are you sure you don't want a ride?"

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine." I turn on my heel and make my way to the main road, muttering under my breath how I desperately need to get a car.

And how I was going to be late. I only had ten minutes till class began, and that's when I broke into a run.

God, I hate school!

                                 Not even my running could save me from the bell. I had gotten to school three minutes and had to get a stupid slip. While also getting a scowl from my teacher and how I needed to be on time.

Liam was simply amused by it all, clearly, since when I sat down he laughed, shaking his head at me.

I gave him the finger before turning and paying attention to the board.

And the day seems to fly by fast, because before I know it, I'm in the art room, laying out the canvas while arguing with Liam.

"I don't know, I think we should go with light blue instead of a dark blue." I say, pursing my lips and staring down at the canvas.

"Who cares? Let's just paint the stupid canvas." Liam grumbles and tosses me a paint brush and a bottle of light blue paint.

I narrow my eyes at him and huff, "If you think it's so stupid why are you even here? Like I need your help, anyway."

"I figured I'd stick around and bug you," He says, clear amusement in his green eyes. "Personally I like the dark blue better."

I glower at him and clench the paint brush tightly in my hand. He's doing this on purpose just to give me a hard time, I think. "We're going with light blue. End of discussion." I turn away from him and uncap the bottle of paint, ready to dip my brush into it, but I can't, since Liam snatches it away seconds later.

"I want dark blue." He argues stubbornly, wearing a small smirk on his lips as he watches me fume.

"No, we're going with light blue." I say, gritting my teeth together and reaching to grab it. Of course, he does the childish thing and decides to hold it above his head, laughing like a mad man as I jump and claw at his arm.

"Give it to me, Liam!"

"Oh don't worry, I will soon enough, princess."

It takes me a minute to understand what's he's meant, then I get it suddenly. Pervert! I feel my cheeks warm and I realize that I'm blushing.

Blushing at a disgusting remark Liam has just made. What was wrong with me? I shake my head as if to shake myself from the thoughts and step back, quickly masking a face of horror than flattery. "Like I'd ever let you anywhere near me. You disgust me."

"You weren't saying that yesterday at the lake." He grins bashfully and my jaw falls slack, my lips part in disbelief before I turn away from him and avert my eyes to the ground just so he won't see me blushing. Again.

"I was clearly out of it," I mutter and desperate to change the subject, I say, "Okay. We'll go with the dark blue, whatever."

"You must really want to change the subject, huh?" He muses.

I let out a sigh of frustration, "No. I want to get this canvas done so I can go home."

Liam frowns. Obvious that I'm in no mood to joke around today. And I'm honestly not. I have far too much on my mind.