Good to be back...I guess

Carl's P.O.V

"Mom." I called out as she stood in the field "is it really you." she didn't turn around like she didn't hear me.

"MOM!" I called her again. She turned around. I was running towards her but didn't get any closer.

"Carl protect Rachel with your life." she said as she was pointing to the sky. Looking at sleeping Rachel.

"Never doubt her you are is still broken down but she can fix that."

After that she started walking away, but I was still running towards her not getting any closer.

"MOM DON'T GO!"

"I have to baby i'll visit you often I promise." then the field started to get filled with walkers. One grabbed my leg.

"MOM HELP."

"Goodbye my sweet boy."

And a sharp pain sunk into my leg. I woke up with Rachel's head on my chest and my arms wrapped around her waist. I wrapped them a little tighter I didn't want to lose her again. I was really happy to have her back. After she went missing I shut people out. Then my mom died and I shut down completely but then Rachel came back and I have a light at the end of my tunnel again. I'll never let her go again as long as I live.

"What are you thinking about?" Rachel said while her eyes still closed.

"Nothin I just missed you so much."

"You know its like 4 in the morning right."

"It is." I said kinda surprised.

"Yah why are you awake."

"Bad dream."

"Tell me."

"Its nothing."

"Carl is it about your mom."

I stayed quite

"Carl please I want to help and I understand you're really hurt I have to know what's bothering you because it's driving me nuts I care to much about you to see you hurt." she said while running her fingers through her hair. "come on let take walk." she said while taking my hands pulling me outside. While she was on her crutches even though her legs better she still limps.

I told her my dream about how my mom told me to protect her and how the walker bit me and everything.

"Carl i'm sorry about your mom but hey an angel has to die for another one to be born." she said referring to Judith while hugging me.

"And another one to come back." I said while hugging her back.

"I love you Grimes.

"Love you too Dixon."

"Oh my gosh it sounds like you said you love my dad." she started to laugh quietly.

"Oh my god it does doesn't it." I said while laughing quietly with her. "Hey look the suns coming up." I said as I pointed the sun as it came up. I sat in the grass and she sat by me.

Rachel's P.O.V

Carl told me about his dream and after the sun came up he sat in the grass and I sat by him with my head rested on his shoulder. while pulling grass out of the ground. I started laughing all of a sudden and Carl looked at me like I was crazy.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing it's just you got hotter since last time we saw each other and I barely noticed. Me i'm still the same."

"No you're not you got way more cute than at the farm."

I made a fake gasp "oh so I was ugly now huh." I said while standing up and walking away.