I'll protect you

*About 2 weeks after they found Rachel*

Rachel's P.O.V

Ever since I got here to Hershel's farm everybody has been nothing, but nice except... Shane he's always rude and mean. Like about 30 minutes ago Shane was fixing the RV and I asked

"Shane need some help."

"Yea."

I got all happy thinking yay maybe we are getting to be friends. PSH I was totally wrong

"Great! what can I help with."

"First of all leave me the hell alone and go nag on someone else."

"You are such a... UGH WHATEVER!" I walked away after that with my fists clenched he pisses me off so much I just want to punch his face I may be 12 but hell my mom always said I was nice on the outside but piss me off once and you are dead I've always had a short temper. She said I was different from my dad but yet the same. I was in the room that Hershel actually let me have to my self. I was sitting in silence thinking about what happened today with me and Shane. Until I hear a knock at the door.

"Rachel you okay?"

Crap its Carl "uh... yah just fine."

"It doesn't sound like it."

"Im fine I swear." I lied

"You don't sound fine."

"Carl I'm just leave me alone and go away please just leave." my voice sounded serious.

"Um o-okay see yah later."

I cant belive I just did that to Carl he sounded crushed i felt so bad it made me want to cry I felt tears filling my eyes. But then I remembered my promise to my self not to cry anymore for my... mom. I held the tears back and eventually the tears went away. I guess I was in there for a long time. Because Maggie came and knocked on the door I forgot I had locked the door.

"Rachel sweetie you okay?"

"Yah uh...um I'm changing. I lied

"Oh okay dinner is ready."

"I'm not hungry right now Maggie thanks."

"Uh... okay?"

I heard footsteps walk away.

I moved closer to the door and opened it slightly to hear the conversation down stairs.

"She didn't want to eat."I was assuming it was Maggie

"She wouldn't tell me whats wrong and told me to go away." That was...Carl I still felt bad about that.

"Daryl maybe you should talk to her." that was Lori

"Why me?" Daryl said that

Because you are the only one she would talk to and she needs to know the truth". That was Rick

I was thinking the truth what the hell is he talking about. I started to get curious, so i slide out my door and made my way down the stairs and into the hallway without being noticed. I listened more carefully.

(FYI this is Rick's and Daryl's convo)

"Rick I can't not now!"

"Daryl she needs to know."

"Needs to know what her idiot father abandoned her."

I was getting confused

"Daryl she needs to know that you're her father she only has you she already lost her mother what if you die on a run and she never knows the truth."