Dinner With Dave Franco..... Can You Say Awkward???

Sarah's POV

After I reassured Dave I was fine (I did it at least 20 times) we all sat down and began to dish out the food. Italian. My favorite!!

"So Dave, what's this new movie you are filming at Sarah's school?" My mom asked trying to make conversation. Oh bless her heart.

"It's about two kids who get stuck in a zombie apocalypse at a school." He says looking at her then at me then back to my mom. What was that all about?

Before I could think it over more, he continued, "They needed a school that looked like it was abandoned and Hollywood High was the closest school plus it's old so they didn't have to change it that much." This caused me to burst out laughing. Dave looked at me in shock then went back to his signature smirk.

"Umm.... Sarah? Are you okay?" My mom asked, clearly not getting the joke.

"I'm perfect! Hollywood High does look like an apocalypse just happened!!" This time mom joined in on my laughter.

Our conversation throughout the rest of the meal was just like the first. Full of movie talk, school talk and lots of laughter. We had just sat back down at the table with bowls of ice cream when the front door opened but no one heard it because I was in the middle of telling a story about my moron AP History teacher, Mrs. Blanchard.

"The thing is she never pays attention. Last class she even passed out!"

"Seriously??" Dave's eyes got really big, causing me to laugh. It was weird how the more time I spend with him, the more comfortable the both of us are.

"Yes! Well no. She fell asleep."

"Ohhh!" Dave's mouth made the O shape causing mom and I to crack up. He soon joined in.

"What's with all the laughter?! I haven't heard this much laughter since...." My dad stopped when he saw Dave sitting beside me. But to my father Dave wasn't Dave Franco. He was just the guy who hit his daughter. My dad didn't forgive Dave as easily as my mom and I did.

"Hi honey! You remember Dave," my mom said trying to give Dave a break from the stare-down my father was giving him. No such luck.

"Yes. How could I forget," oh no. "You're the one who hit my daughter with your car." Oh jeez....

"Dad. Stop" I interrupted him but he kept going.

"No, no Sarah. It's alright. I mean maybe he hit YOU so hard, you forgot what happened. You were just going for a run but he decided to play How Many Girls Can I Hit And How Many Family's Lives Can I Destroy." That's it!

"Dad! That is ENOUGH!!!" Everyone looked at me liked I had just walked in drenched in blood. "You need to LET IT GO!"

"I can't sweatheart. He.... He hurt you..."

"NO! He didn't. It wasn't his fault. I was the one running in the middle of the street at night in all black! He has been nothing but nice since it happened! He could've left but guess what; HE DIDNT!! So get off your high horse and LEAVE HIM ALONE!!" After I finished my little lecture, I threw my spoon back into my bowl and got up. "I'm not hungry anymore." I walked towards the door, but stopped in the doorway. "Let's not forget why I was running." I looked at my dad with tears in my eyes. With that, I ran up the stairs to my room.

"What is wrong with you?! Why can't you just forgive him. He has been around since it happened AND he obviously cares about her!! She is finally happy!! I have not seen her smile and laugh like she just did since Kyle died!" I heard my mother walk out of the room.

Way to go mom.