Dinner With The Francos

Sarah's POV

The doorbell rang just as I finished pinning my hair up. After many hours of staring at my closet, I decided to go casual. I wore my favorite pair of blue jeans, a white tank top with a baby blue cardigan with flowers and paired it with the same colored heels and handbag.

I made my way down the stairs towards the door but was beaten to it. "Ahh!! Dave. Come on in. Sarah is just upstairs finishing getting ready. Shouldn't be much longer."

"I'm here," I smiled as I walked down the last three steps.

I looked up to see a smile on Dave's face. I could feel a blush as he looked me over, head to toe.

"Aww honey!!" My mom came up and gave me a tight hug. Almost too tight but I didn't show her the pain. Instead I couldn't help but chuckle as I looked over her shoulder at Dave covering his mouth to stop him from laughing.

"You're father is at work but you guys have fun. Not too much fun of course!!"

"Oh goodness. Mother. Please stop." Dave laughed in the background.

"Now you!" It was my turn to laugh as Dave jumped. "You better take very good care of my daughter. Understand me?"

"Of course Mrs. Sanders. I will have her home safe and sound." Wow he's good at first impression. Then again he is an actor.

Still weird.

We walked out of the house and towards his car. He walked toward my door and opened it for me. After I had gotten in he shut the door and jogged to his side. Without talking he started to pullout out of my driveway. I took deep breathes as he pulled off of my street and onto the freeway. I watched as cars and houses flew by.

"You're awfully quiet," Dave chuckled breaking the silence.

"I could say the same about you," I laughed turning towards him.

"Just praying that James behaves himself tonight." He said shaking his head.

"I'm sure whatever happens, I can handle it." I chuckled.

"I don't know. My brother.... Is crazy. He has absolutely no filter. My mother is just well my mother. She will take one look at you and you will become her best friend. She is super friendly. Almost too friendly. We won't have to worry about my other brother, Tom. He is away on some business trip. My dad is crazy but a lot calmer than my mom and James. They will come off really strong at first but you get use to them. I hope."

"Dave," I said cutting him off. "It'll be fine." I said as we pulled into a driveway.

"You're right. It'll be fine. My family will behave. Hopefully. And even if they don't, then you won't hate me. You won't hate me right? I mean, I completely understand if you do. Knowing my family, they will probably come off crazier because I asked them not too. If that makes....."

"Dave. Breathe." I laughed. He let out a chuckle as he turned the car off. I waited as he walked around and opened my door for me. He held out his hand and helped me out. He continued to hold my hand as we walked up his driveway.

"Dave, if you keep gripping my hand I won't be able to use it." I joked causing him to laugh and loosen his grip. He stopped at the door but made no movement to open the door.

I waited for him to say something but he didn't. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry. Just preparing." He sighed.

"Whenever you're ready," I smiled causing him to smile too.

Right as Dave was about to open the door, the door swung open to reveal a smiling James. "Sarah!!!" I was pulled into a tight hug. I bit my lip to keep from crying out. My ribs were still sore.