A Day On Set

Dave's POV

"Hello? Sarah? Everything alright?"

"Soo?" That wasn't Sarah's voice.

"So?" That was her voice.

"How was it? Meeting the parents?" The first voice giggled. I'm guessing Sarah accidentally butt dialed me. I should have hung up but I didn't.

"You make it sound like it's a big step in our relationship." I could picture Sarah rolling her eyes.

"So there is a relationship?"

"No. I didn't say that." She stuttered.

"But you want there to be."

"I didn't say that either."

"But you like him." Her mother simply stated.

"I.... Well I don't know. I mean I do but he's an actor mom. He wouldn't...... He could be dating actresses or supermodels. Why would he want to date someone as boring as me?" She thinks she's boring? She couldn't be more wrong.

"Sarah. He doesn't care that you aren't an actress or a model. If he likes you, which I think he does, he likes you for you." I smiled as her mom spoke the truth.

"Who said he likes me?" I wanted to call out and tell her that I do like her but I kept my mouth closed.

"Honey, he stayed at the hospital. He has been around since you got home. He promised to make it up to you. Dave likes you Sarah." She said matter of factly.

"I'm messed up mom. My past is a disaster. What if he's just doing this because he feels guilty?" Her voice broke my heart.

"Your past doesn't matter. Everything with Kyle is not your fault. You have to stop thinking it is. Plus, Dave wouldn't kiss you just because he felt guilty." I couldn't help the smirk that came to my lips.

"How did you......"

"You smiled when you walked in. You haven't smiled like that in such a long time sweetie. Dave may have hit you with his car but he brought back our Smiley Sarah. And I owe him a very big thank you." I heard Sarah sigh before the line went dead.

I pulled my phone from my ear and sighed sadly. Why did Sarah think she wasn't good enough for me? She was perfect. I don't want to date an actress or a supermodel. I want to date Sarah.

"Dude," I felt a pillow hit my head.

"What?" I turned to see James leaning against my doorframe.

"Why do you look like I just killed your puppy right in front of you?" He joked.

"I overheard Sarah talking to her mom. She thinks she isn't good enough for me because I'm an actor and she isn't."

"Simple. Show her she is enough." He shrugged.

"And how am I suppose to do that?" I put my head in my hands.

"Take her on a date. Ask her to be your girlfriend. Show her she is enough. Come on Dave. You're a smart guy. You obviously care about Sarah. We can all see it. Now just make her see it."