Within a few minutes, Bryson was parking his car in one of the very few available spots of the hospital public parking lot. He turned off the car and tilted his head to look at me. His green eyes bore into me as he raised an eyebrow. “Are you going to elaborate on why we are here?” He asked in a low tone.

The second he stopped speaking my lips parted, and I knew even before speaking a single vowel that I was going to tell him I remembered - everything. “Bryson-” My voice was drowned by the sound of my cell phone’s ringtone. My brown eyes glanced down and I saw it was the same number that my mother called me on a few minutes ago. Picking up the phone, I answered it. “Mom?”

“Where are you?” She questioned in a rushed tone of voice.

I unbuckled and opened the car door. “I’m in the parking lot, headed to the front doors,” I stated as I got out of the car and closed the door. I ignored the sound of Bryson getting out of the car and following me as I started to race towards the hospital.

“Good because he is asking for you,” Mother stated, happily.

My heart picked up and my eyes started to water up in happiness. “He is awake?” I asked as I crossed the street. Nothing but air was under the soles of my feet as I dashed towards the main entrance of the hospital.

“Yes - hurry,” was all she said before hanging up.

My vision became extremely blurred as ran to the elevators. I gave a chuckle that was formed on the backs of happiness and relief that Peter was awake and alive!

“What is going on?” Bryson asked as he came to my side.

I turned and faced him; with a wide smile I wrapped my arms around his torso. “He is awake!” I squeaked as I gave Bryson a tight hug. I swear, I could hug a hobo right now! Releasing Bryson, I started to twitch in excitement. I wiped away lingering tears on my face and rubbed my eyes.  

Bryson shifted from his weight from his right foot to his left. “That - that is great...” He stated. For some reason it seemed like he was disappointed but figuring that could not be, I smiled even more - if that was possible.

****

Bryson P.O.V

****

I stood there in the elevator next to Elle. She looked like she was swimming in pure bliss, which made me slightly happy. However, I feared this moment in life for the past week since I planned to play off her memory loss. Peter was awake and he would quickly end the whole plan I have built up. He will see past my lies and convince Elle of the truth. I knew he wouldn’t believe all that I have set up - he was smart and cared deeply about his sister.

Sighing, I knew that tomorrow we would not be getting married. Peter is going to end this before I can even get what I need.

My eyes shifted over to look down at Elle. She was clearly over the moon that Peter was awake. Her pink lips were stretched upward as far as they could go and she clutched her cell phone to her heart. Rocking from her heels to the balls of her feet, she looked as if she was zeptoseconds from bursting open in excitement.

“Can you believe it?!” She shrieked as her big brown eyes found mine.

I didn’t answer as the elevators dinged open. I watched as Elle made a fast move to get off the elevator. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back in. “Wrong floor, Dear,” I commented as a doctor and nurse walked around us and in the elevator.

Elle looked at the floor number and sighed as she stepped back in. Her shoulders shrugged and her eyes casted down on the floor. “Oh,” was all she said.