Chapter - 33

Unedited!

Elle’s P.O.V

“Doctor Rose said that you couldn’t be left alone for more than thirty minutes, but since we are back early there are some things I need to attend too.” Bryson informed me as he parked the car outside our apartment complex.

“That is fine,” I stated.

“Don’t think you are going to be alone, though. I am going to send over Niko and maybe I’ll swindle Mayla into coming, so you will have a girl to talk to.”

“Mayla?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“She is a friend of mine. Met her through Niko. She is really cool, you’ll like her.”

“Alright ... sounds fun,” I lamely said. “Hey,” I spoke before he could open his car door. “Where do you go? I mean this is the third time you have left me ... What do you need to ‘attend to’? Why can’t I come?”

“It is nothing you need to worry yourself about. Now, come on we need to get inside so you can take your medicine.”

Knowing he wasn’t going to answer me, I helped him get some of our luggage bags out of the car and walked with him to our apartment.

When we reached the door, Bryson set a luggage bag that was in his hand down and unlocked the door. Picking up the bag he walked in, leaving the door open for me.

I trailed in after him only to have my body collide into his. “What the Hell-”

“Mrs. White, what are you doing here?” Bryson asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I looked around him. Finally my eyes settled on my mother’s figure.

Currently, she was sitting on the couch with a pissed off look. “Elle. I’ve taken the liberty of packing your belongings. You’re coming home. That is final.”

“Like Hell I am leaving!” I exclaimed as I walked around Bryson and stood firmly in front of him. “I’m perfectly fine here.”

“Elle, this is not up for argument. The deal was that you would answer all my calls. So, you can guess my anger when my daughter, who is mentally thirteen, decides not to answer her phone and go on a trip, presumably out of town, with a guy I was not fully trusting to begin with. Now, tell this boy goodbye because we are leaving,” She proclaimed.

I was about to object but Bryson grabbed my arm. Looking over my shoulder I gazed up at him. The look in his mint green eyes said it all: he wanted me to go with her. “Bryson, please, I wanna stay here,” I whispered so she wouldn’t hear me.

“Elle, I want you to stay too ... but she is your mom ... she could bring the cops into this and I don’t think it would all go down as smoothly as it would be if you left, reluctantly, with her.” He stated.

“I won’t take my medicine. If you send me with her, I will not take my medicine,” I argued with the only thing that came to mind.

A small smile found Bryson’s face before he loosened it into a frown. “Elle, it is not wise to do that in spite of me. Very immature and rash,” He said.

“Immaturity runs in my veins and as for being rash, you haven’t seen nothing yet,” I responded. I yanked out of his grip and turned back to my mom. “I didn’t follow through with our conditions, I understand that. Yet, there is a reason why I am not leaving here. I remember, Mother, I remember everything,” I lied.

Bryson leaned down and whispered in my ear, “Elle, what are you doing?”

“Just go with it,” I hissed under my breath.