Chapter Fifty One: The Test

Blugh, I did not feel right. I had spent the last 15 minutes in the toilet, thinking I was going to either be sick or pass out. Luckily enough, the first class cabin was eerily quiet so there was not a huge queue of people waiting to wee. I didn't mind being in here too much, though. There was a little shower, a nice little seat to sit down on, and a lovely little smell that was presumably coming from some perfume dispenser.

Dan was asleep with a blanket pulled right up over his face. All that was poking out was his nose. He looked cute. So cute that I nearly vomited on him/ fainted. I was having major issues. Big, big issues that were really beginning to piss me right off. I was a bit fuming, as well as just wanting to sleep. And get off this bloody aeroplane.

There were only two hours left and I could not wait to have my feet on firm ground.

I lifted my head from where I had it between my knees. I told you I was not a glamorous sight. I was, quite frankly, an absolute mess and I was not proud of it in the slightest.

"Right, okay," I whispered to myself, wiping the sweat from my forehead. "Let's go back out there and watch Friends!"

I sighed and mustered all the strength I had. I'd eaten and that had not helped.

Slowly, I hauled myself up from the floor and ruffled my hair. The reflection staring back at me in the mirror was not a pretty image. Why did Daniel want to marry this? Is he delusional?

Sliding the bolt open on the door, I staggered back to my seat which was thankfully positioned feet away. I could make a dash for it if I needed to. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that because I was going to shut my eyes now and try and get some sleep.

But, before I did that, I noticed my heart beating faster than usual. Then all of the pieces of the jigsaw fitted together. I was nervous. Nervous at what the test was going to say.

"Daniel!" I whispered, seeing he was half awake.

"What? Shit! Are you okay?" he replied, sitting bolt upright.

"I'm fine, just petrified."

Concern flashed across his eyes before his hand shot out and took mine. "Please, don't worry. We can make it say whatever we want, we can sort it. Make it..."

---

Straya! Chemist! Sunshine! Wow, it was rather warm. Oooo, we were driving past the beach.

I really wanted to go to the beach, after we had done the thing...the thing. Gosh, the thing.

"Sassy, we should go for a BBQ tomorrow night on that beach?" Daniel grinned, a plan already forming in his head. We had three days to get accustomed to the Australian time zone before jumping back on the promo bandwagon. The Perth Festival of Speed would last two days and a large proportion of Dan's friends and family were going to be attending, as well as a hundred thousand fans. I mean, it wasn't as if there was high expectations or anything.

"Totally! Snags on the barby!"

"Nice try," he chuckled, turning left onto a highway; we had followed the ocean road thus far. It was a huge detour, but the Aussie (and me) wanted to see the sea and the pristine white sand. "That is North Beach, not as well known to the tourists and you Poms."

"You fucker!" I felt like I was getting the hang of this Australian lingo thing. Eh, maybe not.

"There's a drug store just up here. The whole bloody neighbourhood won't recognise us here."

"Don't really want it to make a column in the local paper. 'F1 driver and girlfriend buy pregnancy test,'" I pulled a face and adjusted my sunglasses on my nose. They had been battered a bit from all of the races, so a new pair would be purchased when my December pay packet came.