Chapter Forty Four: News

The next few hours were a blur. In fact, it wasn't even a blur; it was a whirlwind beyond all fucking whirlwinds. Excuse my French please, there will be a lot more swearing to come...

My job was fine and I wasn't even feeling sick. Which obviously meant that I was no longer pregnant. I had never been pregnant.

Oh it was a wonderful morning!

Daniel and I had slept in, being lazy sod's and not getting up until half past nine. Believe me, in our world, that was the equivalent to a teenager laying in bed until gone tea time.

In Formula 1, sleep was a precious commodity.

In the hour since we had surfaced from our little piece of heaven, Daniel had tidied my whole entire flat and had got ready to head out. I had spoken to Adam and I was to go into the office later on this evening - at five thirty, to be precise. This meant that we had a good few hours to hit the shops before heading up to Milton Keynes again, and then back to London, again, and to the airport the following afternoon. Destination: Dubai...and then to Abu Dhabi. But we would get a night in Dubai to acclimatise first, which was a relief.

And now, breathe.

"Want me to pack your case whilst you have a shower?" Daniel asked, placing his hands on my shoulders as he towered over me. He only did this to make himself feel even taller.

"Ummm," I said, quietly. "Actually, everything is in the drawer ready, it just needs to be thrown into the bags."

"Thrown? I can chuck your stuff in, no problem!" he toyed, then whispering in my ear, "you know I am pretty decent at messing things up when I want to."

"Behave and do something useful. I want to be out the door in twenty minutes!"

Daniel scoffed, "Well, we both know that there is a better chance of us winning the lottery-"

"We don't even do the lottery?"

"Precisely my point, Saskia," Daniel chuckled and without warning, picked me up and hoisted me over his shoulder. "To the shower we go. T-minus twenty minutes until we leave to hit the shops!"

"You smell so good," I managed to say whilst seeing my flat flash before my eyes.

"I do try my best for you, when I can be arsed..."

I slapped him playfully and he mocked dropping me before throwing me down on our newly made bed and clambering on top of me.

I stared up at his deep brown eyes and chocolate curls and smiled to myself. "I love you," I said and kissed his nose.

---

The shopping trip was successful and we had ticked off everything on our lists. A MASSIVE teddy bear for Wilf, perfume for Daniel's mum, a new watch for Daniel's dad, the list goes on. Still, we had done it. And, with aching arms, we were now walking around Monsoon - the children's section - to buy Christmas presents for my cousin's baby, Olivia. Well, she wasn't exactly a baby now at the age of 15 months.

"Look how teeny tiny and cute this dress is!" I gushed, holding it up.

Daniel emerged with a jumper for Wilf and beamed. "That is so cute, we gotta get that!"

"They only have eighteen to twenty-four months...we will have to grow into it. She will grow into it."

"Of course she will, she is like taller than you already," Daniel grinned and picked up the matching cardigan to go with the dress. He had very good fashion sense now, considering he used to live in band tees.