Brought Together By A Storm

Genera POV

   The rain streamed from the clouds, drenching the plants and cleaning the roof of the house. Marco sat on the couch, munching on nachos as he watched TV. "We are experiencing a downpour of rain, and is expected to continue like this for the rest of the day. High chances of flooding. Schools will most likely be canceled tomorrow," the weatherman concluded. "Just great," Marco muttered sarcastically. He wanted to leave the house. Over the weekend, he and Star have been through so much drama. She came back to Earth on Thursday. She shut him down three times Friday. Friday was a holiday so he had the day off. Saturday, he caught her singing with Ponyhead. Earlier this morning, they had a breakfast war, and he found Star talking to Tom. "I just wish this drama would end," he mumbled.

(Poor Marco, the drama isn't going to end any time soon.... >:3 )

    He changed the channel, searching for an actual show. He passed many yet ironic TV shows. "In love with my best friend? Losing her? Complicated Love?" he asked, listing a few of the ironic TV series names. Before he could change the channel, the power went out. Marco groaned. "Just my weekend..." Getting a flashlight, he made his way over to Star's door. "Star, the power is out, you okay?" he asked, knocking on the door. No answer. He knocked again. "Star?" Still no answer. At least, no understandable answer. Calling her name once more, he turned the handle. His face drooped at the sight. His princess was hiding under the sheets, shaking uncontrollably. "Star, are you afraid of the dark? Lightning? Thunder?" he chuckled, sitting down next to her. "N-no! I-I am not! I am just, err, chilling out under the bed covers," she denied, her voice breaking. "I should have known, you were always in that thick-walled castle, you could barely hear anything outside. Including thunder." Star frowned. She nodded reluctantly, ready for Marco to laugh at her. She waited. He didn't laugh.

    She looked up at Marco to see him smiling at her. Softly, he tugged at her side, bringing her closer to him. Still not comfortable with the thunder and power outage, she leaned into his side. His arm slithered back, pulling her into a side hug. They stayed like that for a while, both silent. Star knew this couldn't go on. She was going to break the ice. "So Marco, how are you and Jackie?" she asked out of the blue. Marco was taken back by her sudden question, but replied warmly. "We haven't talked in a while, but I guess we are good." The room stayed silent once again. "Umm, do you want to get some nachos?" Marco asked, pulling away from Star. Chocolate brown eyes met ocean blue. "Y-yeah, sure," she stammered. Both got up from Star's bed, making their way downstairs.

    There was nothing much they could do. The power was out, so no television. Asking to go dimension hopping was out of the question. They just sat on the couch, eating nachos along with other snacks. Laughing, Marco stuffed another nacho in his mouth. Star too was laughing, and was way to busy laughing her butt off that she couldn't tell Marco not to laugh with his mouth full. Gulping down the food, he went back to his story. "The man looked at me all weird, as if I just asked him if I could become a unicorn one day," he continued, earning a snort from Star. "Wow, I didn't know princesses c-" "No! Just...." she said, her voice trailing off. "Just what?" Marco asked, concern written all over his face. Star took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself. "I would rather forget about being a proper princess for now." Marco's face lit up as soon as she said that. "Well, we could always do something a 'proper' princess wouldn't do," he cooed. She tilted her head in confusion. "This!" he laughed, grabbing a nearby pillow and smacking Star with it. She was unable to react, and fell off the couch. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry Star!" Marco rambled, seeing the princess on the floor. The tables turned as soon as Star got up, grabbing another pillow that was conveniently placed near her, and hit Marco with it. "This is war Diaz!" she laughed, throwing her pillow at him. At that moment, the lights turned on.

   Marco dodged, grabbing the pillow she threw at him. Doing a little twirl, Star dodged the pillow Marco threw at her. "Hey showoff!" he taunted, " bet you can't twirl around these!" He grabbed 3 of the small couch pillows, throwing them at Star like his life depended on it. "Bet!" she shouted, twirling and jumping around each attack. Marco cursed under his breath. He was losing. With Marco distracted, Star grabbed a pillow and threw it at Marco. He dodged, but he tripped over the table leg. "Wooah!" he screamed, as he tripped and fell onto something... more like someone. Marco had his eyes clenched close, preparing for the impact. It was softer then expected. "You can open your eyes Marco." Hesitantly, he opened his eyes. "Holy crap.." He was on top of her. She was under him. She looked so small beneath him... both blushing madly. Marco tried to move, but he couldn't. His mind screamed and yelled at him to get off of her while his body ignored. "I-I am s-s-sorry, I really a-am. I guess I h-have got-ten clumsy..." he stuttered, his face as red as his hoodie. Star was also red, stammering as bad as him. "I-its fine. R-really. Its k-k-kind of b-both of our f-faults for being c-clumsy..." Marco smiled genuinely at her. Finally being able to get ahold oh himself, he rolled off of her and got to his feet. He bent over, giving her a hand. "Thanks M-marco," she squeaked.

'Aww so cute.'

'What? I have a girlfriend!'

'Don't deny it Marco, she is cute.'

'No no no. Stop it Diaz!'

'No, you stop denying it.'

'Shut up...'

'Make me.'

    Marco was brought out of the fight with his mind. "Marco?" Marco looked at Star with wide eyes. They were close. Really, really close. His face flushed as soon as he realized he was just an inch away from her face. Her lips. 'Stop it Diaz!' he shouted in his head. 'Make me," it challenged. He knew he was talking to himself, but he knew that this other Marco was grinning. "U-umm..." Star pulled away, feeling awkward. "I am heading back to my room, its 5pm so let me know when dinner is ready," she said, starting to walk upstairs. "W-wait!" he called, her hand grabbing. He twirled her around and brought her into a hug. "I had fun. We should do this again some time." Star smiled warmly at him, nodding. Before reaching the first step, she turned to him. "Even the part where you fell on me?" she asked, a sly grin plastered on her face. His face turned even redder if that was possible. "Relax Marco, I am kidding." Star left him in complete silence.

'You love her... don't you?'

'No... zip it!'

'You love her~'

'....Maybe I do, just shut it..'

'Ooh.'

'Shut it, conscience?'

'Make me...'

'Ugh here we go again..'