Chapter 1

(For those of you that didn't read the prologue)

Recap:

Elsa and Anna are given the responsibility  of taking care of a young girl named Lavana, who has strict parents who do not want her. Jack, all the way in present day, is still trying to adapt his once-free lifestyle to one of being hogged up in North's (Santa) workshop with the other guardians. Nuff' said.

Lavana could see that the Queen was struggling to be friendly to her, as she gave a tour around the castle for the young one.

Not that she could blame the Queen. She had been giving her new family a hard time by saying virtually next to nothing, except for the occasional "mmm-hmmm." Lavana felt a tad bit guilty for being so cold, and shy, when seeing that the royalty really were trying to accept her. They were not as bad as she pictured them to be, but, Lavana being a stubborn little girl, decided to wait and see before opening up to them.

Elsa cleared her throat, "This is the dining hall. We usually don't hold banquets, so we almost always dine in the side room." She opened another, less conspicuous door, revealing a cozy round table by a crackling fireplace.

Lavana looked around, pleased to see that the princesses weren't as formal as everyone else thought they would be. Instantly, her attention was grabbed by a door with blue floral markings and flowers. When she walked closer, however, she realized that the floral print was actually frost, and the flowers snowflakes.

Everyone in the nearby kingdoms knew of the Queen of Arendelle's snow magic. Lavana wondered what the peculiar pattern had to do with the powers.

"What's behind this door?" she asked, realizing that was the first real sentence she had spoken since her mother left.

Hesitation. "Nothing really. A... Fitness room."

Lavana narrowed her eyes. She knew this wasn't exactly a lie, but still a dishonest sentence. Being an experienced half liar herself, she could see a half-lie when one was spoken.

"Why would you need a fitness room?"

Elsa nervously tugged at her collar, "Is it hot in here, or what? Lets go upstairs to your room."

****

When they entered the guest room, Lavana gasped. There was a curtained canopy bed, which itself would be a unknown luxury. Also, there was a daybed in a window side nook. The best part, for Lavana, was the little bookshelf standing in the corner, stuffed with many volumes of books.

Even though Lavana was born into a noble family, they felt it their duty to take care of only the most basic needs. Lavana's previous room consisted of a cot and a tiny stool that acted as a bedside table. It was clear that her sister was the more favored in the family, since Lydia had a Queen size bed all to herself.

"Do you like it?" Elsa twisted her white-blond hair in concern.

"Of course I do." Lavana smiled and assured her. She added, "Thank you, your highness." She made a deep curtsy that was long overdue.

The Queen smiled back, "You're welcome. And please call me Elsa."

"Okay, Elsa." Lavana ran her hand along the bindings of the books, enjoying the leathery feel of it. Lavana loved to read novels, especially in the romance genre.

"Do you have a library?" These books here she could read in a single week.

"Yes, but it is rarely used." Elsa looked taken aback with the question.

"A lot of rooms here are rarely used." Lavana observed. One of the things she prided herself in was her keen sense of detail, and never failed to show it.