Seventh.

Monday morning came far sooner than I had expected. The girls ended up staying at my house all weekend, which although I was glad to have their company, made me more anxious to discuss the recent developments with Lauren. After they left last night, Lauren and I talked for a bit, deciding to take things slow. We concluded that we would have a few dates first and then see how this would evolve. After that, she left; although not without sternly reminding me not to be late!" this morning. As always, she threatened that she would leave me behind, but she was yet to ever follow through.

Right after I brushed my teeth, I heard her honking that damn car horn multiple times. I opened the front door and there she was, in all her grace; dressed in black jeans, a 1975 t-shirt and her worn Vans, standing there like I owed her something.

"So, you're the one who's late, and now it's my fault?" I said, while I walked towards her car. "You should be ashamed."

"I'm only a bit late, but that's why I'm so impatient!" she said, hurrying me. "I can't damage my perfect record, Dinah! Come on!" I opened my door and sat down on the passenger seat, waiting for her to get the car moving.

After a few minutes, I decided to grow some balls. "So, Lo, is asking you on a date already, too fast for you?" I asked, feeling nervous as hell. "Because if it is, then forget that I actua-"

"Di, shut up," she interrupted me. "We talked about this yesterday. The whole point of taking things slow is to go on a few dates and see how this works out. Of course I'll go on a date with you!"

"Thank god! I was scared that you would think I'm moving too fast, especially taking into account our conversation last night," I said, relieved that she actually said yes.

"Sweets, there's a reason why I asked you that. Clearly we have feelings for each other - for quite some time too - but I think that jumping into a relationship right now without going on a few dates and finding more things about each other on a more intimate level, would be too risky. You understand that right?"

"Of course I do, but I've never done this before. So I don't know what exactly slow or fast even means in a relationship," I said suddenly feeling insecure about myself.

"I'm here for you. Just do whatever feels right without rushing into it, ok? We'll be fine!" She parked her car a few meters away from the school's front door. I got out of the car and she met me halfway, circling her arms around my neck. "I hope you plan a really good date."

My insecurity vanished. "You'll see." My hands grabbed her hips. "I'll make sure you won't ever forget this date." We both leaned in until we got interrupted.

"Hey, Laurinah! How's it going?!" Camila screamed.

"Walz. Firstly, can't you see that we're busy?" I said, looking at her with a distasteful look.

"And what the fuck is Laurinah?!" Lauren exclaimed. Yeah, that was going be my second question.

"It's a name Mila made to refer to you both. Lauren plus Dinah, equals Laurinah," Normani explained.

"Yeah, because saying Lauren and Dinah is too much for you, Camz?" I wasn't even gonna fight it because I've been secretly shipping Normally for so long now, name and all. After all, if I did it would kinda make me a hypocrite.

"Of course it is. This way is easier!" Camila answered. "Let's go inside anyways."

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to wait for Keana and Alexa here," Lauren pointed out. "They called me earlier demanding shit, so I have to wait for them or they'll fucking kill me!"

I laughed. They probably wanted to get details about the party and swap stories. "Do you want me to stay here with you?"

"No, babe. It's ok. I don't want you to be late for class," she said, closing the space between us. And we just kissed...in front of the entire school. I didn't even care that they were all looking, my happiness is at its highest level and nothing could bring it down.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I asked her.

"If I don't catch you first, you will," she winked at me, leaving me awestruck as usual.

Lunch came sooner than I expected and I found myself stepping inside the cafeteria with Mani and Mila by my side. Staring at the line, I frowned. "Oh my god, there's too many people waiting..."

"Why don't we just sit down and wait for a bit?" Mila suggested.

"Look, there's Lauren!" Mani pointed out, seeing Lauren along with Keana and Alexa on one of the tables. "Maybe we could join them? I'm sure Lauren would like that!" she added, smirking. We walked towards their table and I took the opportunity to surprise Lauren, seeing that she had her back turned to me.

"Hello, hello." I said, placing my hands on her eyes. "Who might this be?"

"Hmmm, I don't know," she smiled. "Is it that hot basketball player that I seem to enjoy kissing?"

"I don't know. Why don't you kiss me and find out?" In less than a couple of seconds, she stood up and swung her body around to meet my lips in a deep kiss. "Yep, I like kissing you too." I added, before kissing her briefly again. "Very much."

"Hello? You do realize that there's six of us, can you please interact with them?"

"Don't be grumpy K, you're just jealous." Lauren winked at Keana. "But okay, we'll stop." She sat down again, pulling me with her.

"You haven't even bought your food yet!" Alexa noticed. "I guess it was because of the line. It's shorter now, so hurry up! And stop getting distracted. We'll wait for you here."

After we got our food, lunch passed by quickly leading up to our afternoon classes which went by even faster. "We have basketball practice next right?"

"Of course we do, Mila. I'd hope that after two years of being on this team, you'd know when our practices are!" I pointed out, she crossed her arms and stared at me. "Don't look at me like that, you'll get wrinkles! Besides, Chancho, your face doesn't need yet another excuse to become uglier."

"You're such a bitch, Cheechee! Why the hell am I even friends with you?!"

"You should ask Mani, she tolerates my shit as much as you do with less goddamn complaints!" I said, nodding toward Mani who was coming towards us. She puffed and entered the locker room along with Normani.

________________________________

A/N

I want to thank to the biggest jerk I know, she helped me a lot. With editing and with new ideas since I've been lacking on ideas myself, so

Thank you @MelT_Me