Second.

"K, I don't like him like that, you know that. I like someone else, someone you know very well. I can't just use him to get over her, it's not fair." She said. Her? Lauren's into girls too?!

"You have to go, the girls start their practice soon. I'll call you later and we'll discuss this." Keana said, preparing herself to leave. "Just know, if you don't step up your game, she won't notice. Besides she respects you too much. So either you make a move or you move on."

"Bye K, see ya."

"Love you, Lo." And with that she start heading towards me making me get inside to get ready while I let their conversation sink in.

Jesus, Lauren likes girls after all. Not only that but she likes someone too, there goes any hope I had left. The guy after her, no surprise there. She's one of the most beautiful girls in this school, straight A student and really nice, everyone likes her, of course there would be some guy after her, I bet I know who that is. Stupid James, been after her since October, even after all the rejection he's been getting, he doesn't give up, that's what having a big head makes you do. Egotistical asshole.

"You're late, what happened?" Mila said, as I reached her. "Are you ok?"

"I'll tell you later."

Practice ran by smoothly. Seeing Lauren on the bleachers has became my lucky charm, every since the first time she saw me at the tryouts, she's been coming to every game and every practice, the latter being only when she could. Smiling and supporting, her face could make my nerves vanish just by looking at her.

"Do you want to go with us to Starbucks? Just the four of us." I asked Lauren, once practice was over.

"I can't. I have to pick my sister from school and I have a project to get done." She said, rubbing her head. Is she nervous? "But thanks for the invite." I saw Mila and Mani walking towards us behind her.

"So, Laur, are you coming?"

"Sorry Camz, not today. I have some things to do!" She said apologizing. "But, DJ, I'll call you later. Bye girls!"

Camila drove us to Starbucks, entering, we sat in our usual booth. The waitress came and we ordered each a drink alongside some cookies.

"Ok, spill. I've been wondering what the hell happened."

"Chill Mila. I'll get to it." I said, calming myself. "Ok, earlier, before practice, I walked in on Keana and Lauren talking in the hallway about some stuff."

"And?"

"Well, if you let me speak I'll get to it." After being interrupted by Mani, I kept going. "Keana was saying how Lauren should have accepted the proposal from James, I would guess-"

"That jackass? What? He's been after Lauren?"

"I swear, keep interrupting me and I'll whoop your asses. May I continue Camila?" She nodded. "As I was saying, James apparently has been asking Lauren out, even after so many no's, I knew he was interested, not this much though. Well, now comes the weird part. Lauren answered with something like how she can't go out with someone while she likes another person, that person being a girl, and then Keana said that if she didn't make a move on her, she should just move on, because, apparently, this girl won't do anything out of respect."

"Shit. Are you serious?" Mani asked. "For real, she likes girls?!"

"Dinah, now that you know that, you have to do something!"

"No, Mila, I'm not doing anything. Didn't you hear what I just said? She already likes someone else."

"That means absolutely nothing. If you like her that much, than you should do something about it. And besides, she seemed extremely nervous when we talked to her, maybe that conversation left her thinking?" Mani considered. "Oh my gosh, what if the girl she likes is you?!"

"What shit have you been smoking Mani? There's no chance of that being a possibility. Can we please change subjects? I really don't want to talk about this."

I'm tired. Tired of talking about something that might as well never happen, because I'm not telling Lauren what I feel, I can't lose her. If I can't have her as my girlfriend, then her best friend is enough for me. I'm not putting that on the line.

After we were done, Camila dropped me off and left. While searching for my keys in my bag, my phone rang.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?"

"Hey mom. I'm good you?"

"I'm fine as well. Are you home yet? We are going to visit your grandparents for the weekend. And I wanted to know if you want to come with us or stay home."

"I'm just entering the house. I would rather stay, I have some things to do. But you're going today? On a Thursday?"

"We are. Grandma wants us there by dinner time today because tomorrow's some holiday in town."

"So you're staying there until Sunday?" I asked, while getting upstairs to my room to get started on homework.

"By dinner time too but I'll tell you that Saturday or so. Are you ok with staying there alone? I can ask Clara to take you in for the weekend."

"No, it's ok. I'll invite the girls over or something. Thanks mom."

"Ok then. I trust you Dinah. Don't do anything stupid ok? We'll talk tomorrow. I love you baby."

"I love you too mom, and don't worry about it. Have a safe trip." We hang up right after that. "Well now what? I need to order pizza. And organize a party, that's for sure."

Forgetting about homework, I called deliver and ordered a pizza. Moving on to calling Camila and Mani to talk about a party tomorrow, telling them to invite the team and some other people. Calling Lauren was next on the list until the delivery man arrived with my much needed dinner, but my phone rang before I could call her.

"Dinah, hey."

"Hey Lo, what's up?"