Chapter 7

It was six o'clock,  Joker was sitting calmly on the couch, but in his head; a storm was raging

It was six o'clock,  Joker was sitting calmly on the couch, but in his head; a storm was raging. "Where is she? Did she rat him out and the police are on their way? Why won't she answer her phone?" On his last thought he angrily pushed himself off of the couch and headed for the door to look for her. He stopped as he heard the lock on the door being released. He reached for one of his pistols from his shoulder holster. He had a small sigh of relief when he saw it was Mary.     

Mary was shivering from the cold, "Yoouu.. haavve... tttoo.. lleeavve..!"

Joker walked to her and started to rub her shoulders. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Tthee buus bbrroke ddown."

He looked concerned, "How did you get home?"

Mary's lip was still quivering, "Wwwallkked."

There was a loud bang on the door. They both froze and fell quiet. Mary cringed at the voice coming from the other side, "Virgin Mary..!" (Bang) (Bang) "Open up cock tease! Me and the boys are here for a little fun."

Jokers expression went cold, his grip on her shoulders was getting tighter. He had Mary's eyes locked with his. "Who the fuck is that?" He whispered.

Mary hung her head, "My ex.."

"Get rid ofem.."

Mary lightly walked to the door," Devon...? Your drunk. Go home!"

They both could hear him laugh, " I'm not going anywhere. It's time you gave up that sweet ass of yours. If you open the door now, we'll go easy on ya."

Mary had her head pressed against the door, "Please! Just go away.." She was startled by another loud bang and slightly let a scream out.

" I'm busting this fucking door down on the count of three! One!" (Bang)

Joker pulled her from the door and shut off all of the lights. "Tell him your gonna open the door." Mary looked at him with a puzzled look of fear. "Trust me.."

She did as she was told, "Give me a minute, I'm opening the door."

"Two" (Bang) Mary could hear Devon and his two friends chuckle. Joker pushed her out of the way.  "Three!" Just as Devon reared his leg back to kick in the door, he was caught off guard as the door flung  open and a strong pale hand grabbed him by the collar. "What tha fuck!!" He's pulled into the darkness, his two friends are standing there in terror as they heard the door lock again. They then heard a blood curdling scream from their friend. "My nose!! My fucking nose! You broke it!" Joker had head butted him as he pulled him into the dark. Blood was pouring all over his white collard shirt. His body had slid down to the floor as he held the fountain of blood. 

Joker lowered himself to his eye level." Listen hear ya little bitch.. You gonna stay away from Mary, if you don't; I'm gonna call a couple of my boys and we'll run a train on your sweet ass. " Devon sulked away as joker took a grab at his hip. "What..? You don't like me..?" Joker traced his jaw line with his finger. "Oh.. Look at that pretty mouth. Just think what I could do with it." Devon let out a sound of fear that sounded like a small child. Mary walked up to Joker and place her small hand lightly on his shoulder. He slightly looked back at her and then turned back to his victim. " Alright dumb fuck... Time for you and you band of pussies to go." Joker hoisted him up by the collar and shoved him out the door and locked it. He walked over to a shaking Mary, " Was that your accident?" Mary quietly nodded. Joker slightly smirked, "Lets get you warm." Joker extended his arm around her small frame and lead her to the bathroom. Mary stood in a daze as he turned on the hot water for her shower.  She snapped out of her thoughts when he spoke, "Save some hot water for me, will ya?" She nodded as she watched him exit the small bathroom.