Me....a tree?

Jen was happy that I talked with the Normal Boots guys, and that I wasn't on my own for lunch just because she wasn't there. The next day was fun too, class went like normal, Shizuka had a bad breakup, so we did whatever we wanted during class, I studied, but I could've done anything. The Normal Boots guys seemed to be talking about video games. I grinned and got back to my studying. When the bell rung, I packed up my bag as normal. I yawned, even though I got a lot of sleep last night, but my mind was buzzing about my new friends.

I got up slowly, my nose was finally healed mostly, didn't wanna make it any worst, there was already gonna be a bruise. Jon walked over to me, eyes lit up, he grinned before he spoke. "Ava, could you do something for me" I paused to look at him. "I need someone to be a tree in the next play, could you be that tree?" a tree? That's a first for me, I wouldn't have to do much...plus my hair matched. He looked giddily at me, "I-I'll think about it" he smiled and took my hands, "Thank you!" Then he ran off, to catch up with PBG. Jon was strange.

After much thought, I was still at square one. I told Jen at lunch and she chuckled, "That sounds like Jon, you'd match though" she chuckled lightly, yeah I know. "I know...but on stage as a tree? I...I don't know what to do Jen". She smirked and pat my shoulder, "Whatever that little heart you have leans towards" I nodded slowly and ate my pasta. Once class started again, I looked at Jon, he gave me a thumbs up. Hana looked at me concerned, I was slightly frowning, after all, this would be helpful right? Help me get out of my small Irish shell perhaps?

"You okay Ava, you look distressed" Mai spoke first, I looked at her. "I don't know Mai..." I explained the situation to her, and she told me how Hana went through the same thing. I blinked, he really was oblivious. "Thanks, that helped surprisingly" she winked at me as Shizuka entered the class. During class I thought about how I was going to tell Jon I would accept his offer, I'm not good with confrontation.

I took a deep breath, walking over to Jon's desk after the bell rang; he was talking to PBG and Shane. Shane gave me a blank stare, leaving class. PBG smiled at me, saying his goodbyes to Jon. I looked Jon in the eyes, took a breath, then spoke. "I will be your tree Jon" his face lit up and he pulled me into a hug, spinning me a little, why did I have to be so small. "Great! Come by the theater tomorrow after class for tryouts" he was so happy.

That night I couldn't sleep at all, I played my 4DS until 2 am, I was so nervous; I've never been in a play before. I finally fell asleep...dreaming about home and video games.