Lunch with the Normal Boots

I woke up the next day too early, I slept fine, keeping a band-aid on my nose. I dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, and packed my bag. Today I was going to have to buy a lunch, but that was fine. Jen was already out, so I walked alone to Poppy Hall. The crisp morning air brightened my mood slightly, but I couldn't brush off yesterday. When I got to class, I took my 4DS out of my bag, and played a random game till class started, I guess Shane was there too but I was too distracted to notice. I stowed away my 4DS as other student walked in, Mimi approached my desk. "I'm sorry about yesterday" I nodded and smiled, "Thanks" she sat back at her desk, I didn't even know if she really meant it. PBG would smile at me from across the room every now and then, but class was the same pretty much. When lunch came around I sighed, Jen was doing some extra basketball practice...so I was alone. "Hey Ava!" I looked and saw PBG, he was standing by my desk. "H-hey PBG" he chuckled, then continued.

"After yesterday I felt bad that Mimi did that, and I see you're alone for lunch, wanna...each lunch with me?" I nodded, smiling. "S-sure, I would love to" he led the way, I took deep breaths. "Hey" I looked to see who said that, and it was Jared. "I heard about what happened to your nose" I nodded sadly, did everyone have to bring it up? "Yeah but I'm feeling much better today" he nodded in response, shooting a charming grin in my direction. I sat between PBG and Hana. "I'm Hana, nice to meet you, Ava". I smiled, "Thanks, you too Hana, it's a pretty name" she smiled. They all introduced themselves, and I felt more comfortable with every passing minute. Jirard was the sensitive one, he collected IBK's, Continue was quirky, Shane was the strong and silent type, Jared was the hot one (haha), and Satch was the smart level headed one. Finally, Jon was the theater guy, while Mai could talk your ear off, and Hana was sweet.

"I'm Ava, but you probably already know that" I fidgeted nervously, looking at them all. They chuckled and went back to their conversations. "So Ava, Ireland huh? That's pretty cool" I talked with Mai and Hana. When we walked back to class, I felt happy, I had to tell Jen all of the details later. As class went on, I paid attention, taking diligent notes. When class ended I yawned, I had homework to do...but maybe I'd hit the hay early tonight, I still wasn't used to this time zone.

I walked back to the Primrose House with Mai and Hana, excited to tell Jen about my day; she'd be proud of me. As I entered the room, Jen was at her desk, doing some math homework. "Ava! I missed you today, anything fun happen?" I chuckled and told her all about lunch, she squealed. "You are so lucky! Man I wish I was you, but I am so proud" we then talked about video games and basketball as we finished our homework. I yawned, so did Jen, it was nearly 10 pm. We both got comfy in our beds, turning off the lights. I was out so fast.