Arriving at Asagao

I sighed, a new school, new friends...it was a needed change, but would take time. I wasn't very good with adapting quickly, I was used to Ireland, my twin brother. he assured me I'd be okay, but I honestly don't know anymore. I sat in an empty train compartment, my duffel bag full of clothes and toiletries. My uniform made me look so proper, but I was only here on a math scholarship, not because I was loaded. 'Remember to remain calm, and take deep breaths' my thoughts were shaky, as was my body. The hustle and bustle of the train was somewhat calming. Many of them knew each other, but I knew no one. I was transferring as a junior, it was gonna be difficult. I looked out the window, we were almost there...I think.

The train softly came to a stop, student filing out. I grabbed my duffel and my school bag, following the line of chatty students. I took a deep breath and took the sights in. The school was rather large, surrounded by beautiful flowers, no wonder people loved it here.  I walked towards the Primrose House, the girls' dorms; my short green hair blowing in the wind. My room was 212, I wonder who my roommate is? As I followed the other girls, I looked around further. When I finally got inside, I headed up the steps and found 212. I knocked softly on the door, anxious but excited. The door opened so quickly, I could barely register my roommate pulling me into a hug. "You must be Ava! Call me Jen" she was a rather tall girl, with green eyes, and short blonde hair. Her smile was adorable, like an anime characters. "Nice to meet ye..." I smiled shyly and set my bag down by the bottom bunk. The room was a lavender color, with creme colored floors. There were 2 brown wood desks, books stacked on them.

"How about some ice cream? They have the best ice cream I've ever had in the cafe, my treat" she once again smiled, looking into my bright blue eyes. "Sure, I love me some ice cream" she giggled and took my hand, leading me to the cafeteria. This school was huge, but the cafe surprised me the most. They had gourmet food, and it looked so clean and shiny. "It's so nice here" I muttered, Jen heard me. "I know right? That's what I said last year" she bought our ice creams, and we sat on the benches outside. The breeze blew, it felt nice; the cold creme was so good. "This is great, holy moly" she chuckled, pushing my shoulder playfully. "So your hair, it's so cool!" she grinned, not the reaction I was expecting. "Yeah, naturally green, it's odd for sure" she pats my shoulder. "Don't be like that, a pink haired girl transferred here, so green isn't that different" I sighed, maybe she was right. "Thank ye Jen" I smiled and finished my ice cream. Her face lit up as I finished, "Also I love your accent, I went to Ireland once on a vacation, it's a nice place" I was happy to hear that.

"Really? Yeah, I miss home" she smiled sadly at me. "But, I think I'll fit in here nicely" she nodded and we headed back to the dorms. The night sky was full of stars, all of them shining beautifully. I laid in the bed, thinking about how the other students would treat me tomorrow, then I thought about my twin brother Jack, he'd tell me to think positively. Jen sat on the edge of my bed, "Don't even worry about tomorrow, trust me" I nodded and changed into my pajamas. I drifted off to sleep slowly, dreaming about Jack, and what he'd do if he was here with me. Hours passed and I couldn't sleep, I stared out the window, think positive!