For Fifty Bucks and a Latte[S1:E7]

En başından başla

I captured her lips with mine and kissed her goodnight for a few minutes, then she turned over and I pulled her body into me.

Don't get me wrong. I knew Megan was stressed out and all, but lately with our schedules we hadn't had much time to do things couples do, and it was bumming me out. I knew this is what she wanted and I was more than willing to stick it out with her, but sometimes I just wanted to help. Yet, with my high school level knowledge and amateur research skills, I wasn't sure if I could do anything.

Then again, my best friend would probably be able to.

* * *

"Sam if you don't stop calling me before noon-"

"I need your help."

She paused. "What did you break now?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing. I need your help writing a research paper and I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Research paper? What, Danna's testing you on the history of alcoholism in America?"

"No uh..." I scanned over the guideline worksheet for Megan's paper. "The history of World War One and how it shaped societal roles for women today."

"Why the hell are you doing Megan's homework?"

"Because I'm trying to help her?"

"No, you're trying to fail her."

"Blair."

She groaned. "Fine. I'll help. Only because I understand her pain. Not because I like you or anything."

"You love me."

"Every day is a struggle."

"Do we like, go to the library or something?" I wondered.

She paused. "Yeah I think that's a good idea."

"Great. I'll pick you up."

"See you in a few."

Then she hung up as I grabbed my keys. I paused at the door before leaving.

If I was going to college I might as well look the part.

I dug around on Megan's side of the closet and pulled out a Mizzou T-shirt and slipped it on. Then I dug out my old high school book bag that probably had nothing but a pen and notebook in it.

When I arrived at Blair's I knocked to signal I was here. She opened the door with a frown.

"Why are you wearing Megan's clothes?" she asked. "Did you bump your head and suddenly develop the urge to enroll now?"

"God no," I answered. "Just figured I'd look the part."

She closed the door and followed me to my car. "Look the part, huh?"

In about five minutes we were approaching the university and I prepared to fight for a parking spot.

"It's usually just easier to ride my bike to school," Blair informed.

"You ride a bike?"

"Well yeah?" Then she sighed. "Tell me again why I'm helping you do this?"

"Because you're a good person."

"Right," she said. "My good deed for the year."

Even though Megan and Blair had been attending Mizzou for over a year, this was my first time going to the library. I had walked parts of the campus with Megan before, but this was new.

Once I parked we started walking towards our destination.

Something I liked was that there were a lot of people that looked just like me. Mizzou T-shirts and book bags. No one even seemed to notice me, much less care that I was here. College didn't seem so bad from the outside.