- It is what it is -

Start from the beginning

Yeah, I can't believe I actually went for a run willingly. I was glad I did though, I needed it.

Convincing myself that this was the best thing to happen, that I didn't want a mate since it was always the one thing I admired about the complicated human beings, that at least they could choose, even if it's a wrong choice, I headed into school, sat in my first lesson of the day and focused on the teacher.

It was hard though. The scrutinising stares and hushed whispers jumping from table to table were noticeable.

Due to that, the constant reminder and judgement, I couldn't sit in the cafeteria at lunch today. So, I  instead opted for the library. I tried to be brave about it, and I was doing alright so far, but I wasn't yet healed and ready to fight back, so the cafeteria was a no go zone.

Most people in the library were too caught up in a silent fantasy and stayed focused on their own problems anyway, which was what made the library safe to me. Felix also didn't mind the resting silence between us.

I was glad that both Theo and I didn't want this, but I just didn't want it to go the way it did. I mean, to embarrass me like that? It showed how ruthless of a wolf boy, fuck head he was.

We could've talked about it and agreed, but no, he had to go next level and humiliate me. Which, as much as I tried to shrug off, hurt me deeply- No! If anything, this was a good thing!

It meant, I could be free!

It meant, I didn't have to concern myself about a partner. I could travel! Explore land! Ride on the back of a white horse on the beach with a beautiful golden haired man, his hair long and shiny while his sun kissed skin glowed under the sunset! A Fabian straight off the covers of an erotic book that's been stuffed in someone's grandmothers drawer.

I could actually continue to experience life independently.

Oh Fabian!

"Look, Are you alright?" Felix broke the silence, staring up from the random comic he had grabbed to read. He caught my blank expression. "I know you don't want to talk about it, but... it's mandatory as your loyal side kick, to make sure you are good!"

"Good enough to kick butt?" I raised my brow.

"Something like that."

"Well... not yet, but.. I'm okay. I'll be okay."

"If it helps," Felix concerned expression dropped. "You're actually handling yourself pretty well. You don't seem bothered at all-"

"Really?" I asked, completely surprised.

"Yeah," He nodded reassuringly. "You seem the same. Well, not to me because I know you better than everyone here but-" I chuckled at his comment. "You seem... like you're not really bothered by it."

"Good," I nodded. "I don't want anyone to see past that and know I'm sad."

"Of course. In fact, I even overheard someone today in the hall say that you don't seem to care at all, and Theo heard it too."

That's the best thing I've heard all day. Yes! I didn't want people to know how weak I felt, so hearing that has already boosted my mood. Of course I was surprised I appeared so indifferent, but hell was I glad. "Theo heard it?"

"Yeah, I saw him frown and stare over at them."

"So?" I tried to casually act confused, but it was only because I wanted to hear Felix say what I think was good about that. To confirm what I'm thinking.