Snuggling my back up to his chest, I serenely nod. "Very." My fingers start stroking his wet knees. "This is so nice."

Rex lightly laughs. "What? My knees?"

Laughing along with him, I take hold of his hand and hold it against my watery breasts. "No! I mean this, being in the bath together. Just being together." I have been missing him so much and I'm not embarrassed to admit just how much I have been. "I seem to miss you so much more these days."

Rex is washing my breasts and my neck with a soapy sponge. "Which is why I am here, Angel." He squeezes the water onto my stomach. "I have been feeling the exact same way." He then kisses the side of my damp cheek, gliding the sponge across my arms now. "I have really been thinking about some things."

Keen to know what things, I tense just a little in his hold. "Like what?" I ask, taking the sponge from out of his hand to start washing him.

"About us." Rex confidently states, holding onto my submerged thighs in the soapy water.

Lying my head right back onto his left shoulder, I quietly try to ease an answer from out of him. "What about us?"

With the sponge now back in his hand and being delicately used across my stomach, Rex is keen to respond. "How would you feel about us living together?"

Twisting quickly and clumsily around, the bath water splashes up and a little over the top of the bath. "Here?" My question is swaddled in growing excitement; happy and expanding, squeal-worthy excitement.

Glancing down at me with a crooked grin, Rex casually nods. "For now, yes."

The same excitement has me starting to profusely babble. "What about your job, your house and your mum? When are you moving in? Do you really want to move in? You don't think it's too soon? How long—" My rambling response is promptly silenced by Rex as his lips come crashing into mine, smothering every single one of my overexcited questions. His lips are the fleshiest things of sweet sedation; kissing me until I am blissfully anaesthetised and docile in his perfectly strong arms.

As his powerful kiss comes to the end of its sumptuous life, I lie there with my eyes barely able to open. When my heavy lids finally do find their will to recumbently retract, Rex is gazing down at me with a content grin on his tranquil face. "Now that I have your beautiful and very quiet attention, shall I continue?"

"What you were just saying or your kiss?" I radiantly ask, very much still swooning.

With a short laugh, Rex plants a brief kiss to my now numb and waiting lips. "What I was saying." He amusingly informs me.

Grinning back up at him and with playfulness very much dancing in my hazel eyes, I lazily nod. "Oh, please do continue." Is my thoroughly teasing reply.

With his smile not going anywhere, he does indeed continue. "I've been given the heads up about a new job in Portishead. The position on offer is for a Chief Firearms Instructor at the Tri Force Training Facility. It would mean more responsibility, more money but much less danger because I won't actively be doing operational terror raids. Instead, I will be the one who is in charge of training up the teams who will be doing them."

"And you think you'll get it?" I excitingly enquire, crawling higher up his damp upper body as I do.

With no doubt whatsoever in his mind, he smirks. "Yes, I do." His dripping wet arms come right around my back. "I am more than qualified for the role. I have police armoury, weapon maintenance, close protection and advanced police driver experience."