CHAPTER-9: WHAT ARE YOU?

Start from the beginning

"Oh" Venice said.

"Stefan was just passing through to visit his uncle. I mean, none of us knew he was even here until the attack" he explained.

"The attack?" Venice asked.

"His uncle got killed. Mauled by an animal in the woods" he replied.

"His uncle? You mean Zach?" Venice asked with confusion.

She was pretty sure that she saw Zach after Stefan's arrival to Mystic Falls and she was even sure that she saw him the previous day, on her way home.

"Mm-mmm. Joseph" the old man replied.

"I'm sorry, sir. I don't think I'm familiar with the story" Venice said.

"Oh, how could you? I mean, this happened years ago" he said.

"Grandpa, you gotta go. Mom wants you home. Okay?" A girl said making the old man and Venice turn their attention towards her. It was Tiki.

"Oh" he said and left.

"He wasn't bugging you, was he? He's a little alzy-heimer" Tiki told Venice.

"No, he was sweet" Venice said and got up and ran towards the old man.

"Hey, sir, I'm sorry. Um..... Are you sure that the man that you saw, that you knew, his name was Stefan Salvatore?" Venice asked.

"Yes. I remember his ring and his brother" he replied.

"Brother? You mean Damon?" she asked.

"Yeah. Stefan and Damon Salvatore" he replied.

"When was this?" she asked.

"It was early June, 1953. Yeah. June, 1953" he replied.

Venice just stood there, she was dumbfounded and shocked. 1953? how could that be possible? 1953 is long ago! Venice thought. The old man left and after a few minutes, she walked towards the car wash area where Stefan and others were washing cars and kept staring him. Stefan felt someone staring him and turned his head towards the direction and saw Venice staring at him. Venice smiled, looking at Stefan.

"I'll be back" Stefan told the group with whom he was working and walked towards Venice, while drying his hands off water, in air.

" Caroline finally freed you, huh?" he said, approaching her.

"Uh, I don't know where she went. She abandoned me" she said.

Stefan took her hands and held them. 

"Hey, I realized earlier, I had no idea that your family was from Italy" Venice said.

" No? Last name Salvatore didn't do it for you?" he asked.

"Right. Duh" Venice said and huffed.

Both of them chuckled.

"Are there any other Salvatores in Mystic Falls?" she asked.

"My uncle Zach" Stefan replied.

"Where did everyone else go?" Venice asked.

"Kinda just spread out" Stefan said with a shrug.

"Hmm..." Venice hummed.

"Why?" Stefan asked.

"I'm just trying to learn more about you" Venice said and smiled.

"Hmm.." Stefan hummed and kept looking at her.

A few minutes later, Venice was wandering around the parking lot and saw Jenna, Elena's aunt sitting on a bench. She wondered what Jenna's doing here now, when her car was done an hour ago. She walked towards the Jenna and said "Your car was done an hour ago."