CHAPTER-9: WHAT ARE YOU?

Start from the beginning

Right then a car pulled up at the parking lot. Bonnie saw it and said " Tiki. this one's yours" pointing towards the cars.

"Why do I always get the homely ones?" the Tiki girl asked.

" Just to be clear, your car's a P.O.S. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S" Tiki told the guy who drove the car.

"You don't have to be rude" Bonnie quipped at Tiki.

"No. Rude is uglying up the road with that junker" Tiki retorted, pointing the car.

The guy who drove the car just left the car keys in the seat and left. Tiki inserted a water tube into a bucket. Bonnie used her powers to splash water on Tiki.

"Whoa! What the hell?!" Tikki exclaimed.

"Whoa! Hey" Matt said, running towards Tiki with a towel, to help her. The tube kept splashing water at her. Bonnie widened her eyes when she realized what she just did and controlled herself. Matt took the tube from Tiki's hand and gave the towel to Tiki.

"Wet and wild Tik" Matt said, chuckling and left.

Stefan and Venice were washing a car.

"You're getting soap in that" Venice said, pointing towards the ring on Stefan's finger.

She observed that he wore it everyday. She even saw that Damon too wore one that is similar to Stefan's.

"Oh, it's fine" he replied.

" I noticed that Damon has one, too. Is there a story behind it?" Venice asked while continuing her work.

" Yeah, it's the family crest from the Italian renaissance" Stefan replied while working.

"Oh" Venice said walking towards Stefan.

"What's the stone?" she asked, taking his hand and studying the ring.

"It's called lapis lazuli" Stefan replied.

She let go off his hand and said "Tell me, just in case if you change your mind and remove it. I'll keep it safe for you."

"It's fine. Thanks though" he replied.

"I'll go get some towels" Venice said.

"Okay" Stefan said.

Venice left and Stefan looked at her retreating figure. Venice walked towards the cash counter where Caroline was counting the money.

"Hey, we're out of towels and those shimmy things" Venice said making Caroline turn her attention towards Venice.

"I'll go get some more. Mind the money " Caroline said and got up and left.

Venice sat at the bill counter and after some time, an old man came to the counter to pay the bill.

"That'll be $20" Venice said.

"Okay" the old man replied and  payed the bill.

Venice looked up and saw his face.

" I saw you last night. You were talking to a friend of mine. At the grill?" Venice said.

" Well, I...I thought it was somebody I knew" the old man stuttered.

"Stefan Salvatore" Venice said and place her arms on the desk and leaned her chin onto her fingers.

"Nah, it can't be. It's just my mind playing tricks on me" the old man replied.

" Where do you think you'd seen him before?" Venice asked with curiosity getting the best off her.

"When I first moved here, I stayed at the Salvatore boarding house" he replied.