Watching the team leave with grateful smiles, I let out an almighty yawn and stretched my taut muscles quite dramatically. I didn’t care that I was attracting a lot of attention-I didn’t get much sleep for the past week and the only thing that’s making me stay awake is either music or coffee.

‘You didn’t sleep,’ Mitchie stated. I let out a snort at his words and didn’t reply him, just continued drinking my coffee because I knew he would get it without saying a thing to him. I heard him sigh and I imagined him curling his strong arms around his chest. ‘You’re still mad at me for not letting you join with the rest of the team right?’

I risked a glance at him and a smile crept onto my face for I imagined correctly but forced it off, letting them fall flat because I should be angry at him. ‘Maybe…’ I trailed off and turned to stare away from him, just wanting to rile him up a little because I knew he hated it when I’m mad at him.

I heard him move, his hard chest pressing onto mine as his arms curled around my waist tightly and I felt him leaning down so that his lips were next to my ears. ‘You know I don’t like it when you’re mad at me right? Or are you just doing this to tease me?’ he whispered at me softly.

His breath on my ear tickled me as he whispered so I let out a laugh despite the situation before shoving him off of me. ‘That tickles Mitchie!’ I whined at him, not caring that I sound like a five-year old at the moment but I only acted like this when I was with him and he knew it because he laughed at my antics. ‘You know me well enough you don’t have to ask actually.’

He broke into a genuine smile at my words-the one that makes his left dimple appear on his cheek, the one that was very rare and he stretched an arm out to ruffle my already messy hair. I let out a growl and slapped his hand away, glaring at him pointedly which made him laugh even more.

‘You don’t have to make my hair even messier!’

‘But you don’t even care!’

‘So what? You can’t just do that Mitchie, what if I mess up your hair? You’d skin me alive for even touching a strand of it!’ I exclaimed at him, jabbing a finger at his hair. I knew he spent some time gelling his hair up, making it fall nicely like that and I couldn’t resist not teasing him about it.

‘Hey I spent an hour to make it look like that! Don’t you ever dare touch it!’ he hissed back at me and had a scowl on his face. ‘Of course I can do that; you don’t even care about your hair like I do!’

I smirked. ‘Yeah well it’s because I didn’t need a comb and hair gel to make it look like this,’ I replied him sarcastically and raised an eyebrow as a challenge. ‘Besides it’s going to get messy anyway, I see no point actually combing it down.’

He let out a groan at my words and gave me an incredulous look which made me laugh aloud. We kept up the bickering between the two of us until the fifteen minute rest was over and we were still bickering like a married couple even when the whole team had come back to witness our humour-filled fight.

I think we were arguing about me wearing tank tops and sweats to practice. He said it made me look like a hobo which made me snort at his words and I swiftly  retorted back by saying he too look like one since he’s wearing a pair of sweatpants which made us argue even more. He was about to strangle me thanks to my smartass words when someone interrupted us.

‘Er guys? As much as I’m enjoying this free show of you two arguing like a married couple, we still have an hour left of practice,’ Jared’s voice cut into our bickering, making the both of us glare at him at the same time.

‘Then what are you all waiting for? Get your asses back to conditioning!’ Mitchie snapped at them making the team jump at his sudden loud voice. I rolled my eyes at him and continued sipping my coffee, as if the argument I just had with Mitch was nothing to me. I mean it was, I’ve spent years with him arguing about some irrational thing.