Chapter One: The First Elements

Today, like usual, a Shelby wakes up and makes breakfast for her father, her mother, and herself. Not too soon later, her parents came down.

"There's my daughter, my pride and joy!" Her father shouts, lifting her up into the air and spinning her around, "What's for breakfast?"

"Nothing special, just french toast with powdered sugar and homemade maple syrup." She replied, handing them their plate.

"Anything you make is special, sweetie!" Her mother tells her, "Your cooking is amazing!" she sits down next to them and they begin to eat. A few minutes later, they finish and she grabs her purse.

"I'm heading to the bakery!" She announces.

"Have fun! Make sure those friends and that cousin of yours don't get into any more trouble!" Her dad tells her.

"And be safe!" Her mom adds.

"We will!" she assures them, "Love you two!" She walks out of the door and sees her cousin Ross, her friends Adam and Max, and her boyfriend Cory. "Hey guys!" she greets them.

"Hey Shumpie," Cory smirks.

"I told you not to call me that! You know I hate that nickname!" she pouts.

"d'aww! You two are so cute!" Adam cuts in, holding camera to their faces. They hear ross scream 'Kawaii~desu' in the background. "Hey Cory, look! I'm holding one of your own!" Cory growls at him.

"I hate you guys," she jokes.

"Aww, come on Shumpie, you know you love us!" Cory says, "Where are we going today?"

"The bakery," Shelby says, "We need bread at the house."

"Alright, let's go!" Ross yells. Walking through the woods, a bush rustles, creating aloud noise.

"Did you guys hear that?" Shelby asks in a worried tone.

"Yup!" Ross replies, almost as worried as her. They hear the same noise again.

"Ahh!" Shelby squeaks.

"Ow!" Cory suddenly yells, "My ears!"

"Oh, stop complaining so much!" Shelby laughs, "Don't be such a baby!"

"It's not my fault your voice is higher than a mouse's squeak!" Cory playfully spits.

"Whatever, camera face!" She says. They used call him that because they started an inside joke that Cory has a secret camera in his head and constantly records everything.

"There's no camera in my head!" Cory shouts, annoyed.

"How do I know you're not hiding it!?" Shelby questions, "It is in your head after all!"

"Why would I need to hide anything from you?" Cory asks in a sweet tone. Shelby gives him a small peck on the cheek.

"I love you," she tells him.

"I know," he smirks, "And I love you to, Shumpie."

"UGH!" Shelby shouts in frustration. Suddenly, a cute bunny hops out of the bushes. That's what made that sound.

A short while later, they reach the village the bakery is located in. "That was fast!" Shelby comments.

"Hey Shelby~!" Someone behind the group sings. They turn and Shelby's face scrunches in disgust at the sight. Behind them was one of the village boys, Kevin. He always flirts with every girl he sees, they find it really annoying, "You single yet?"