He Was Telling The Truth

Nicci's P.O.V.

Me- He just ugghh! Pissed me off to the max!

Lawrence- Heh, just calm down.

I laughed a bit at how upsurd and crazy I was acting and Lawrence could just sit there so calm. Its another thing I really liked about him. We were sitting in this really cool restuarant talking. He arrived here yesterday and I helped him get settled and we decided that we would meet up here today.

Lawrence- What did he say that made you so mad.

I took a sip of my Sprite.

Me- Its nothing, he was just um talking bullshit about you.

I could never tell Lawrence or anyone else for that matter about the whole David and Dylan matter. I felt it was that serious. I just always avoided it in a conversation or talked my way around it.

Lawrence- Is it because of the past year and me hanging out with you now?

Me- Uhh, um yeah. He just gets all jealous and stuff, its annoying.

That was only half true. David was jealous and thats why he made up all that crap about Lawrence. Right? I had to keep telling myself that. Lawrence is a great guy. A good guy! He wouldnt hurt me or anyone else. HE HAS CHANGED!

Lawrence- Oh, Im sorry. People can just be dusches sometimes ya know.

Me- Exactly.

Lawrence- Maybe you should just avoid him. I mean hasnt he been avoiding you? Him and that Dylan guy.

He took a sip of his drink and looked through the menu. I just sat there frozen and trapped in thought. I told him about how David was avoiding me, but I never told him why he was doing so or that Dylan was avoiding also. I never really mentioned Dylan to Lawrence. How did he know Dy- No! No! No! I mustve told him. But I didnt. How did- But. David.....What he said earlier yesterday. H-He was telling the truth. Thats the only possible sollution to Lawrence knowing such information. I began choking all of a sudden.

Lawrence- A-Are you okay?!?

He tried patting my back but I stopped choking before he could get to me.

Me- Umm, I just uh realized that I agreed to meet Kenly up at my house. Its extremely important!

Lawrence- Oh, okay. Ill just pay for our drinks and drive you home.

Me- No need. My house is just a block down. I had walked here, I can walk back.

Lawrence- Are you sure? Driving is easier and I just rented a really cool car until my car gets up here. Its really nice.

Me- Ha, no, no, Im fine with walking.

Lawrence- Okaaay. Is everything alright?

Me- Uh, yeah, yeah. I just promised her we would talk and she would be pissed if I left her hanging.

Lawrence- Yeah, I understand. Ill text you later?

Me- Mhhmm.

I grabbed my phone and my purse and shuffled out the building. What just happened?!? My heart was pounding. David was telling the truth and I yelled at him. I wanted to break down. You never know, maybe I really did tell Lawrence about Dylan too, but I swear I didnt. I ran to my house and plopped on the couch.

This means that LAWRENCE blackmailed and threatened David and Dylan. It all peiced together. David broke up with me last year because LAWRENCE threatened him. Thats why he was acting funny, thats why he changed. Thats why Dylan avoided me right after we made up. LAWRENCE. I feel betrayed and scared and guilty and....guilty??? Guilty for treating David like shit. He was just trying to keep me and him safe as well as Dylan. But David and Dylan are some pretty tough guys, why would they be so scared of ONE person. With ONE gun. There has to be more to it.

I just sat there thinking while my phone was blowing up. It was Lawrence. He kept texting and calling. Out of frustration and being absolutely annoyed, I threw my phone at the wall. It crashed and broke, but at the time I really didnt give a fuck. After awhile I just slipped on some converse and ran over to the phone store. I have that setup where if my phone breaks, I get an upgrade, so I wasnt too mad. As I entered the At&t store, I thought to myself, all this shit is supposedly going down and Im standing in a cell phone store. I talked with the worker and I waited for him to get together my new phone. I had also asked for a new number. I didnt want to be bothered with Lawrence anymore. He was a pshyco and a lunatic and for what?!? To be with me???To have me???

As I waited, I sat in a chair near the window. Suddenly, I saw David walking by across the street. I automatically hopped up and ran over to him. He was suprised to see me and at the same time, angry.

David- What do you want?!?

Me- David please! Im sorry! I believe you!

David- Wait, you what???

Me- I believe you! I never told Lawrence about Dylan avoiding me, only you. But he knew. He knew!

David- I told you. Yeah, I do get jealous but I would never lie about that.

Me- My only question is...why are you and Dylan afraid of him or following what he says?

David- Cause its not just him. He has a whole group of people going along with him. They are everywhere and always watching.Its creepy and really well planned out.

Me- But why?!? Why does Lawrence want me so bad that no other guy friend can be in my life??? Why does he want me so bad that he drugged me that night?!? Or that he hurt me so badly?!?

David- I-I dont know.

Me- I cant take this anymore David! Im going to the police.

David- What? No. Why?

Me- Because he is insane and he needs to be taught a lesson.

David- You have no proof to report him of anything. They will just let him out again.

I began balling out crying for reasons I didnt even know why. Is this all some prank or something? This cant be happening. Lawrence ganging up with others to remove people out my life and hook up with me? Naaaww, that cant be true. David had come over to me and hugged me tightly.

David- Dont let it get to you.

Me- How can I not?!?

David- I dont know, but we will get threw it.

Me- No, no we wont. Im done with all this.

I turned and ran back to the store as David called after me. I grabbed my new phone and made my way home. I shuffled upstairs and pulled out a big suitcase. I threw clothes and shoes and my heigiene things in it. I threw a few snacks in from the kitchen, grabbed my phone, and headed out to the car. I dialed a number.

PHONE CALL

Me- Hello?

Aunt Toi- Hello?

Me- Hey, this is Nicci. Remember when you said that if I ever needed a home or a place to go to, I could come live with you for a bit?

Aunt Toi- Yeah.

Me- Well Im taking up that offer.

OOOH HEH HEH. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN?!?

~KamBrainiacKL