''No.'' I said simply. ''Cody I just got home and I would really appreciate if you would leave me alone. Just for a few hours, then we can go to the beach or movies or something.'' I told him. My eyes were shut, and I didn't intend on opening them. I was exhausted.

''In a few hours it'll be dark. And I don't want to do anything today, it's Friday. Why won't you just let me have a puppy? You really must think I'm going to kill the thing. If I'm responsible enough to have a car, I'm responsible enough to have a puppy.'' He argued.

I poked an eye open at him, arching a brow.

''Good point,'' I grumbled. I stretched out my arm towards him, opening my hand expectantly. ''Give me your car keys.'' I said. I was only fucking with him but he was working on my nerves so he deserved it.

We had an intense stare off and for a minute I was actually convinced he was about to do it. I laughed my ass off.

''I'm only kidding,'' I said, regaining my exhausted composure. He glared at me. I smiled in return. ''But seriously, I've had a pretty stressful day, Cody. I just need a  few hours and then we can talk.'' I told him honestly. I closed my eyes back.

I heard him let out a frustrated sigh. 

''Fine. I'm inviting Scarlet over.'' He yelled, just as I heard his feet began to beat against the stairs.

''Please don't angry fuck her too loudly! Keep the volume at a three please!'' I yelled back. 

Five hours later I was energized enough to drag myself to my room and take a scolding hot soothing shower. I was walking out of my bathroom when I heard my phone repeatedly buzzing on my bed. 

I went over and picked it up, glancing at the screen.

''Fuck!'' I groaned aloud, looking at the missed event on my calendar application. I tossed my phone on my bed moving over to my dresser to throw some clothes on.

Some black jeans and a grey t-shirt is what I decided on before grabbing my phone and leaving my room. I ran down the stairs and headed towards the back of the house, in the direction of the basement.

I opened the door to the small underground area and proceeded down the stairs. Going over to the box filled shelves I moved one out of the way and was faced with the black metal safe that I hated coming to.

I put in the combination, opening the safe. A sigh left my lips before I grabbed a duffle bag out of one of the boxes on the shelf. I grabbed ten grand out of the safe, stuffing it all into the duffle bag before closing the safe and placing the box back in front of it.

I put the strap of the bag on my shoulder and made my way out of the basement. 

''Cody!'' I called, moving into the front of the house.

''I'm in the kitchen!'' He called back. I took my phone from my pocket, looking at the time. It was ten minutes until eleven. Damn, I slept in late.

I entered the kitchen seeing Scarlet sitting on the contour next to Cody who was mixing something in a bowl. There was eggs, butter, milk and mix all over the kitchen.

''Hey,'' Scarlet said, waving. I nodded at her just as Cody turned around. 

''Are you sleeping over?'' I asked her, tucking my phone back into my pocket. 

''Yeah, I'm spending the weekend.'' She said.

''Okay, just make sure your parents know.'' I told her. ''You know you're going to clean all of this up right?'' I asked Cody. 

''I know, I know.'' He said. 

''I'll be back later.'' I said, leaving the kitchen. I grab my keys out of the bowl and my jacket off the hook next to the door. I sat the duffle bag down at my feet. As I'm slipping my arms through the sleeves of my jacket, Cody walks through the arch way.