"Wait, so you've been awake this whole time?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Actually, the first thing I saw when I woke up was you taking your shirt off," she said and smiled widely at me. "And my dad winking at me while he walked out." I was smiling so brightly but my smile dropped and I became totally serious.

"I missed you, babe," I said, rubbing my thumb on her cheek, staring into her gorgeous eyes. "You don't know how scared we were. How scared I was."

"I know, I'm sorry, Jake," she whispered and I held her face in my hands.

"You don't need to be sorry, Hale. You had no control over what happened," I told her and she smiled a little.

"Then why do you blame yourself?" she asked and I looked away from her.

"If I hadn't gotten in the way of you, wanting to protect you, I don't think this would have happened."

"Maybe, maybe not but it's not your fault," she said. "So don't blame yourself, okay??"

"Okay,"I said and she scooted over so I could lay next to her. I hugged her closely to me and felt so comfortable. More comfortable than I have in over a week. I missed my girl. "So, are you sure you are okay? No pain?"

"No pain. I haven't felt any pain for a while," she said and smiled at me. "So how long have I been out?"

"A week," I told her and kissed her tenderly.

"Um, by the way...your, um, your dad says he loves you," she said and I gaped at her. My father? That bastard is dead.

"Haley, he's dead..." I said and she nodded.

"I know," she said. "I saw him."

Haley's p.o.v

"Stop pulling me! Let me go you a$$hole!!" I yelled, trying to yank my arm free. "Ugh!! Where are you taking me?!"

"Shut up already!" he yelled at me and I became pissed off. Nobody besides my family can yell at me.

"Don't yell at me when you are already dragging me to who-knows-where!"

"Once we get closer I will tell you but for now, shut up!" he said and I growled at him but let him drag me to wherever he was taking me. I know I should be fighting him but I just don't know what to do. He seemed like he was actually helping me but who knows...We kept walking for what felt like forever, the light was getting brighter and it was starting to hurt my eyes the closer we got.

"Now will you tell me where the heck you are taking me?" I asked and he stopped. I felt a strange pull. Like my body was being pulled towards the light.

"You needed to be here so you can go back to my son," he said a little harshly but I could tell he didn't mean it in a bad way. "He needs you and if you were to die, he would too. Just like his mom is slowly dying right now. I don't want her to die just yet but I need you to go back. I can't stand for my son to be like this. He's heartbroken."