"Haley, baby. If you can hear me, squeeze my hand," I said quietly so I wouldn't wake anybody else up. Haley's aunt and cousins are camped out in the room with us so it's a little cramped. When she didn't squeeze my hand I felt a little disappointed becuase she couldn't hear me. Her mouth twitched again and it looked like she was having an internal battle, with whom, I had no idea. Suddenly, my headache became a hundred times worse and I fell to the floor grabbing my head. My wolf was telling me to calm down but the pain was getting too painful to even understand what he was telling me to do.

"Jake!" I heard Lane yell and hands press to my chest. "What's wrong? What's happening, Dad??"

"I-I don't know," Hayden said and I arched my back because my body made me. I had no control over what was happening and it was freaking me out.

"Make...it...stop..." I whispered and felt multiple pairs of hands press on my chest, making me lay on the floor. My headache was slowly subsiding and all I had to do was focus on my breathing, trying to calm myself down. I was shivering now, the fever I had, had broke.

"Jake...are you okay?" I heard Haley's mom say.

"I-I-I th-think s-so,"I said and they grabbed some blankets, wrapping me up tightly in them. I was feeling better but exhausted so I fell asleep instantly, dreaming about my mate. We were running around in the clearing, skinnydipping in the little river, and the best part of all, she was alive and healthy.

"Jake, wake up," Hayden said and I groaned, not wanting to get up. "Oh, get up already..." I felt water being dumped on me and that water was extremely freezing!!!

"I'm up! I'm up!" I said and pulled my now soaking shirt away from my body. Towels were thrown at me and I gratefully took them. I rubbed my eyes, getting rid of my tiredness and looked at my baby. She was still laying there but she looked alive and was breathing easier than she was before.

"Hey, baby," I said quietly and held her had. Everyone walked out of the room to give me some alone time with her. Of course, Brayden gave me the evil eye but I just ignored it. "You look better today. More healthy looking. I just wish you would wake up. I can't stand not seeing those pretty eyes of yours. So, me and your family get along great now. While you have been asleep we have been talking, playing games and getting to know each other. Brayden doesn't like me that much, he thinks the reason you are like this is because of me. I don't blame him for thinking that. If I hadn't followed you, you wouldn't be here." By now small tears were forming in the corner of my eyes. "I love you so much, baby. I'm so sorry for not protecting you like I should have been. Please, just wake up, Hale. I need you, your family needs you. Just open those gorgeous eyes of yours, please." As I was speaking the last few sentences I was looking down at the hand I was holding, wanting her to just wake up and talk to me. I wanted to be the one to see her wake up but I don't know when that would happen, or if it would.

"You idiot, my eyes are open," a voice I loved so much said and I jumped up, smiling at my baby.

"Oh my gosh! You're awake! Oh my gosh!" I yelled and hugged her but pulled away when she hissed in pain. "I'm so sorry. How are you feeling?!"

"Calm down," she said, laughing. "I'm fine. Just sore. By the way, seeing you take off yours shirt was really sexy." I gaped at her, she's been awake this whole time?