Chapter 10

Marcel POV

It's not like me to have a crush on a married woman, but there is just something about Amber that always gets my attention. I can't believe I kissed her! I know that it was wrong, so I decided that I needed to move on and not think of her in that way anymore.

"You must be Hannah", I reached my hand out to my blind date that my friends had set me up on.

"Yes", she shook my hand then I took a seat across from her. She had chocolate smooth skin, her thick hair was in a puff, she had red lip stick on and not to much makeup. I can actually see myself with her.

About an hour into the date, I learned a good amount of information about her. She's an only child, a middle school teacher, and she is twenty seven years old. We laughed and chatted while we ate our food.

"What do you like to do for fun?", she asked.

I was about to answer but my phone started ringing and when I took it out of my pocket Amber's name flashed on the screen. "Sorry, I have to take this", I said to her.

"Hello", I answered the phone while Hannah continued to dig into her food.

"Hey Marcel", Amber said and I could hear the soreness in her voice. Is she crying?

"What's wrong?", I immediately asked worried. That man better not have laid his hand on her again!

"Can you............. come for me please", she said in between sobs and my chest sunk.

"I'm on my way", I said standing up then she hung up. "I'm sorry but I have to leave", I told Hannah.

"It's okay", I could hear the disappointment in her voice and I felt bad but there is nothing I can do because Amber needs me.

"Here", I handed her a hundred dollars from my wallet. "Treat yourself", I told her then quickly left the restaurant before she even said anything.

The restaurant was about twenty five minutes away from Amber's house but with me going over all the speed limits and running red lights, I managed to get there in twelve minutes.

While I was parking the car in her driveway, I saw Kevin running out of the house in full speed, heading to his car.

What the hell!!!

I quickly got out of the car without even turning the engine off and ran inside the house while hearing Kevin's car drive off.

When I got inside the house, I ran to Amber, who was laying on the floor unconscious. I started freaking out when I saw that her legs were covered in blood. I know I don't know much about pregnancy but I know she's not supposed to bleed.

I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed 911.

"Hello 911, what's your emergency?"

"I need an ambulance! My friend is unconscious and she's bleeding", I quickly said into the phone.

"Wh..............", the woman on the phone was about to speak again but I cut her off now remembering the most important thing.

"She's pregnant!", I panicked over the phone.

"What's the address of the emergency?", she asked and I could not even think of the right answer. When she saw that I was taking to long to answer, she continued to talk. "The ambulance is on it's way sir. I need you to stay on the line so we can track you", she said and I picked Amber's upper body up to place her back on my chest. In the process I managed to get some blood on my pants.

"Oh my gosh......... oh my gosh!", I cried into the phone.

"Sir......... what is happening?", she asked.

"She's not giving me a pulse!", I yelled.

"I don't know if I'm doing it right but if I am.........", I cried at that thought.

"There is blood everywhere!"

"We have lots of people on the way to help you. Where is the blood coming from?", she asked.

"It's coming from her freaking vagina!!", I started panting, running out of breath.

"Take a deep breath, stay calm for me okay. Is she still breathing?", she asked and I bring my face closer to Amber's.

Relief came over me when I felt her breath fanning my cheek. "Yes! Yes she's breathing", I said into the phone. "Come on Amber stay with me. Don't die on me", I said into her ear. I heard the sirens of the ambulance and I felt even more relieved. "The ambulance is here!", I know that the woman heard the excitement in my voice.

"Okay. Go ahead and hang up the phone if the ambulance is here", she said and I followed her orders by handing up.

The paramedics ran through the door and picked Amber up, placing her on a bed. In less than two minutes we were in the ambulance on our way to the hospital. I just sat there holding onto Amber's lifeless hand while they injected her with needles and tried to stop the bleeding.

When we got to the hospital, they rushed her to the surgery room while I waited in the waiting room. An hour later two police officers came to question me.

"Do you know what happened?", they asked.

"No. I found her like that when I got there. I believe her husband, Kevin, had something to do with it", I said in an angry tune.

"Why do you think that?", one police asked while the other wrote in a small book.

"When I got to the house, he was running out of the house. He has to be the one that did this", I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you think that he hit her?"

"He probably did because he's done it before", I said and he nodded in understanding.

"We will be back with more questions", he said then walked away.

Two hours had passed and I realized that I haven't called Dani yet. I took my phone out and dialed her number.

"Hello", she answered.

"Dani......... Amber's in the hospital"

"What happened? Is she okay?", she asked the same questions that I have been asking myself.

"I don't know but It doesn't look good", I know she heard the sadness in my voice.

"Oh my! I'm on my way", she said then I hung up.

"Mr Walker?", I turned around and came face to face with the doctor.

"Is everything okay?", I quickly asked him.

"I'm sorry", his words made my heart sink. "We lost the baby", he said and I couldn't stop the tear that fell from my right eye.

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>
I will be updating the next chapter this Friday.
Please don't forget to vote for your favorite chapters.