Chapter 3: Gayfeather

I went to my room, considered working on the project and then didn't. I had done enough done that day and I could work on it during the weekend, it's not due until Wednesday anyways.

I took out a nightgown that my only friend, Simon, had given me. Unfortunately for me my mirror was right in front of me as I changed. I could see every flaw that proved that my birth was male and every time I see that reflection I lose a little bit of hope of being who I want to be.
I don't have the curves or the bust, my penis is what pissed me off the most. It didn't belong there, I didn't want it there I wanted it to go away!

I punched the mirror.
Glass fell to my feet and my hand bled as it was still connected to the mirror.

I pulled on the gown and grabbed my phone off my bed. I quickly texted a message.

Simon

Lillian:
Simon could you meet tonight?
I just need someone right now.

Simon:

I'll be there in a few, just hold on Lillian.

--
I silently whispered a thank you to whoever allowed this precious being to be with me in my time of need.
I sat on my bed waiting for the boy to crawl through my window like a Prince Charming and then fall on his face.

Which is what happened.
I saw two dark hands grip the window screen as they forcefully pushed it up. He swung his legs over the windowsill before hammering face down into a pile of pillows that I put down since past attempts.

"I'm here I'm here." Simon murmured, sitting upright on the pillows. I went over and sat down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder, his thick smoke-like scent filled my nostrils, usually it wouldn't be pleasant, but Simon's had a bit of pine or wood-smoke added onto his simple smokey smell.

"You're wearing the gown I got you.." He whispered, probably mainly to himself but since I was so close I heard his comment as well. I poked his cheek. "Of course, it's the only gown I currently own." Even with that comment he smiled. It was a cute smile. It fit his face just right and it almost lit up the room.

"Did you bring it?" I asked him, knowing that he knew what I was talking about.
He pulled out a small crimson camera, passing the object to me.
"Of course I did, I can't trust my aunt to not find it."

I turned on the camera and started flipping through the pictures. Simon is honestly an amazing photographer. The camera worked pretty well but it had its faults, zooming was in issue since the scenery became blurry and choppy while recording. Although somehow Simon still made it look gorgeous.
He had a couple of shots of scenery and thus. Nature clips and pictures of us. I stayed a bit longer then needed on a picture of me, I never knew he took it. I looked beautiful, I was wearing one of my mother's lilac dresses, it was when we went to the park, in front of the fountain. I wasn't looking at the camera, I was facing the wishes that people put into the water, poisoning it with the mixed metals.

Simon faked coughed a bit, trying to gain the attention that he received.
"W-When? I didn't even notice."

"You were kinda mesmerized by the water, and you looked pretty so.." He wandered off, I gave him a hug and whispered in his ear.
"Can you stay till I fall asleep?"

He sighed and thought for a bit before pushing me back to look me in the eyes.
"Until you fall asleep, you know I can't stay long."

"That's good enough for me."