28 (part 1)

"Jesus, Ashton. Slow the hell down." Ashton glances back at us from the drivers seat, "My baby sister is having a baby and you want me to go the speed limit?" I roll my eyes, "I would like to get to the hospital in one piece, Ash." He waves us off with his hand before proceeding to race down the road. I shift uncomfortably, trying to find the best sitting position. Lucas grabs my hand, also grabbing my attention, "Are you doing okay?" I nod, "It's starting to hurt a little but that's about it. Are you doing okay?" Lucas was looking pretty freaked right now, looking kind of pale with scared and nervous eyes. "I'm alright, I'm going to be dad here soon but I'm alright." I give a small smile, "It'll be alright." Calum pokes his head around from his seat in the car, "Lucas just be happy that you don't have to squeeze that baby out of you." Lucas laughs and agrees. 

        "See? I got you here in one piece. Safe and sound." I shake my head at my brother before grabbing Lucas' outstretched hand and pull myself out of the car. Lucas grabs one of my arms and throws it over his shoulder before wrapping his arm around my waist.  Lucas yells at Calum and Ashton to grab my the bags before shutting the door to the car. We slowly begin to make our way to the hospital entrance; the pain in my lower back beginning to increase. Once we make it through the sliding doors, Lucas moves his head around to try and find a nurse. Lucas catches the eye of a nurse behind the desk who raises her eyebrows, "Can I help you?" Lucas nods his head, "Yeah, my wife is having  a baby." The nurse smiles before pushing herself out of her chair, calling out for a wheelchair in the process. She walks over to Lucas and I and grabs my other arm before we begin to walk any further. 

     Once I was seated in the wheelchair, we begin to make our way up to my room. Lucas grabs a hold of my hand giving it a tight squeeze making me turn my attention up towards him. His facial expression matches mine, nervous written all over it. I place a hand on my belly, rubbing circles on it with a smile on my face. 

    "Lucas, mate, you're going to put a hole in the floor if you keep that up." Lucas has been pacing around the room for about 30 minutes now non stop. "I can't stop, I'm too nervous." I let out a small chuckle before wincing as a contraction begins. Lucas walks over to the bed and rubs my shoulder. Maria walks through the door, panting. "I came as fast as I could. The office was a mess." She places her bag down on the floor before making her way over the bed, "How are you? Are we close?" I shake my head, "I'm only 2 centimeters dilated." "Well how dilated do you have to be?" I let out a long sigh, "10." Maria squeezes my hand, "You'll be there before you know it."