26

"No Lucas, this screw goes onto the headboard." He lets out sigh of frustration, "No, it goes in the bottom. If it fits, it goes." I shake my head, "That is not what the instructions say." "The instructions are wrong, I know what I'm doing." I hold my hands up in surrender and sit back against the wall. We've been building this crib for about 3 hours now with Lucas refusing to even glance at the instructions. I've tried to tell him many times what the instructions say to do but every time I do, he just waves me off and goes back to putting the things in the wrong places.

I place my hand over my mouth to try and stop the chuckles from coming out as the headboard goes crashing to the floor. Lucas points his finger at me, "Don't you dare laugh." I quickly shake my head," I'm not laughing, I swear." Lucas shakes his head and throws the screwdriver onto the ground. I hold out the booklet of instructions, "Do you want to the read them yourself or should I?" He glares at me before grabbing them out of my hand. He lets out a sigh, "It goes in the top." I nod,"Oh really? I had no idea."

    "Do you want to finish this yourself or?" I quickly shake my head no, "I quite enjoy watching you do the handy work babe." He rolls his eyes before telling me to hold the headboard up while he screws in the screw. "I am never building one of these again. We can either keep this one or have someone else build it." "You want to have more kids?" He pauses his movements before looking up at me. "Absolutely." 

 I help Lucas off the ground so we could move the crib to over by the wall. I place a cute elephant stuffed animal in the crib, stepping back to tuck myself into Lucas' side.  "It's crazy to think that there's going to be a baby in here soon." He smiles as he places his hand on my baby bump, feeling a kick in return. 

After putting a few more things together, folding clothes and putting things in their place we finally decided to call it a night. "I'm going to take a bath, my back is kind of hurting." Lucas throws his arm over my shoulder, "I'll join you."