8

"I hope you know that we can go home anytime." I sigh, "Lucas stop. I've been feeling better lately so we are here for the whole trip,okay?" He nods and kisses my forehead,"I just want to make sure you're okay." I put my hand on his cheek and smile,"I know and I'm okay. Like I was saying the entire time, it was probably just a stomach bug."Lucas sends me a smile before grabbing my hand and standing up. I grip Lucas' hand tighter as we make our way to the exit of the plane.

 "Is it weird that I'm nervous to see your family even though I met them at the wedding?" He chuckles and shakes his nods, "Why would you be nervous? You've met them already and they love you." I lean against him, "What if they don't like me for what happened during the wedding? You could've been shot. One of our guests could've been shot." Before I could continue Lucas looks down at me,"They absolutely love you. They don't care about what happened, they care about if you're okay." Lucas gives my arm a little squeeze, "Everything will be okay. I promise." 

 We finally made it off the plane after what felt like hours. "Now we just have to find the baggage claim and the car rental place." Lucas squints his eyes has he scans over the crowded airport. "Let's try this way." He gives my hand a tug and pulls us in a random direction. "Didn't you use this airport when you lived here? Shouldn't you know where everything is?" He shakes his head, "It's been a very long time since I've been home."

 I didn't say anything after that, I noticed he was getting a bit frustrated with everything already and we just got here.  As we were walking I noticed two people glancing from Lucas then to each other whispering. I furrow my eyebrows and went to ask Lucas but didn't get a chance seeing as Lucas found the baggage claim.I shake my head and focus on keeping up with Lucas' long strides.He stops in front of the baggage claim and lets his eyes wander over the endless amounts of bags. I quickly spot ours and point them out. "Stay right here." He lets go of my hand and walks away to grab the two bags.

  "Alright now lets find the car rental place." He grabs the bags and starts walking. "I can roll mine."  I reach out and gran the handle of my bag but Lucas' grip tightens. "I got it." I give him a look and shake my head, "Lucas, I can roll my bag." He sighs and sets the bag down. I smile in victory and pull the handle up. I grab his hand in mine,"See, no problem at all." He rolls his eyes but I can see the small smile he's trying to hold back.

  As we're walking I thought I heard someone calling Lucas' name. I turn my head and try to find the voice. I see a women frantically waving at us with a smile. Realization hits me and I quickly tug on Lucas' hand trying to get his attention. "Lucas, I'm pretty sure that's your mom." He whips his head down to look at me then looks up. "What?" I point the the women waving, "Isn't that your mom? He squints before sighing. "Yes it is." 

Liz rushes up to us with a huge smile. "My baby has finally come home." She reaches up and cups is cheeks with her hands. Lucas grumbles and pulls out of her grasp, "You saw me a couple of months ago mom." "I don't care, you haven't been home in forever and I miss my baby." She wraps her arms around her son. Lucas lets go of my hand and wraps his arms tightly around her shoulders. I smile at the love he has for his mother. 

 "I've missed you too Kayla." She wraps her arms around me. "I missed you too." I glance over to Lucas who has the I told you look on his face.I roll my eyes at him and Liz pulls away.Lucas steps closer to me and brings me into his side. Liz smiles and nods her head, "Aright, the car is this way." Lucas shakes his head, "No mom, we are heading to the rental car place." Liz shakes her head, "Absolutely not. Why spend money on a car when you have one at home?" "But mom." She shakes her head again, "No buts lets go." I let out a chuckle and grab his hand.