23

"Well, everything looks to be on track. The baby is growing normally and I don't see anything wrong. You're still on tract for the scheduled delivery date so I hope your getting things prepared." I nod, "All that we have left to do is put things together." I glance over to Lucas, who looks to be in deep thought. I reach over and gently grab his hand. His head snaps to me with wide eyes. "Are you okay?" He blinks a few times before a smile makes it's way onto his face. He nods his head and squeezes my hand, "I was just thinking about something for work." 

   He gives me a reassuring nod before the doctor speaks up, "I will see you guys in three weeks. Remember no stress, no heavy lifting, nothing that will cause anything to go wrong, got it?" I nod. "Alright, so any questions?" I shake my head no and turn to Lucas who also shakes his head no. The doctor smiles, "Alright, I'll see you guys next time and then I'll see you when it's time to deliver that baby." She hands me a towel to wipe off the gel off before bidding her goodbyes and walking out of the small room. 

      I quickly wipe the gel off and toss the towel into the basket before standing up and pulling my shirt down. Lucas stands up and offers a hand for me to grab. I grab it and he helps me off the table. Lucas presses his hand to the bottom of my back as we walk out of the doctors office. I smile as a little girl who was playing in the waiting room stops what shes doing to look up at Lucas with wide eyes. She drops her toys and tugs on her moms sleeve before whispering something. The mom glances over at us and nods, "He is very tall baby." I let out a soft chuckle before grabbing Lucas' hand and lean into his arm.

  Lucas closes his door and start the car. He backs out of the spot and begins driving home.  I lean my head back and turn it to the side to look at Lucas. Lucas glances over at me, "What?" I let out a content sigh, "Nothing, I just love you." He smiles, reaching over grabbing my hand to bring it his lips where he placed a kiss to the back of my hand. 

 I bring my hand to rest on the back of his neck and trace my nails lightly over his skin. Lucas lets his hand fall onto my baby bump. "I am so excited. I can't wait to start our little family."