I Do

NOTE: BACK TO YOUR POINT OF VIEW

DAY BEFORE WEDDING

I had so much to prepare. The wedding was tomorrow and I had a lot to do. I already planned positions. Since Alby was the leader he was going to seal me and Newt. Newt was having Minho be his best man and I asked Chuck if he would be my best man since there was no way to have a bridesmaid. I asked Gally to walk me down the aisle and he agreed but it was a little reluctantly. 

Gally was very different since the Changing. More serious and angry all the time. I was one of the only Gladers who treated him the same as always.

Frypan was obviously making all the food. We couldn't go fancy and have steak and lobster so we were all just going to have a classic: cheeseburgers. Simple, but very delicious. We weren't going to have cake either. Fry was just going to make a large batch of cookies. It would be great.

Apparently, Minho remembered that the bride and groom couldn't see each other the day before the wedding so I was on house arrest. Newt let me sleep in his house all week while he slept in a sleeping bag at the bottom of the tree. I couldn't wait to just be with him. 

I had requested a white material so I could at least make myself a veil and I requested black so I could make Newt a bowtie. Unfortunately, they didn't give me either. They did, however, send up a white dress and a white button shirt. I smirked and thought it was better. The dress fit me perfectly and Newt said the shirt fit him well, though of course neither of us saw the other in the outfit.

I spent my day with Chuck singing and laughing, but bored. You couldn't too much while on house arrest. Chuck got bored too but he never left me. When Fry came he always smiled excitedly. Most of the Gladers seemed really chill and excited about the wedding, but others seemed upset. I was thinking it had to do with the fact that I was the only girl and being married is a done deal.

At last night came and I couldn't sleep. I was so excited. In just a few hours, I would be married to the most amazing man in the whole Glade. I finally fell asleep after many hours.

------------

I woke up early the next morning. I think I totaled about two hours of sleep. I got up and brushed through my hair making it nice and soft. I left it down thinking it looked okay that way. Then it was time for the dress.

I stripped off my blue jeans and red shirt and unzipped the dress. I pulled it on and was having trouble getting the zipper when I heard a knock.

"Hello, my love. Are you okay in there?" Newt asked. I broke into smile. He probably heard me grunting in strain to reach the zipper.

"I'm fine sweetie," I called down. "Can you help me though? I cant reach my zipper."

"Is this allowed?" Newt asked suspiciously.

"Well, unless you want me marching down past fifty boys with my back showing, then yes, it is allowed," I commented sassily.

Newt chuckled and climbed in and stopped when he saw me. He was gaping at me and I was gaping at him. He had combed his messy dirty blonde hair and was in the shirt. It was a little tight on his arms where his muscles bulged out and his soft brown eyes were devoid of their normal sadness. 

"Oh my bloody shuck," Newt said softly still staring at me. "Y/N you are so beautiful."

I blushed hard and went up and kissed him. he went to put his hand around my back but went he felt my skin he said, "Oh sorry my love. Let me get that for you."

I turned and he zipped it up. i loved how he respected me so much that he didn't want to touch my bare skin that's normally covered before being married. I loved him.

"Thanks sweetie," I said and I kissed him one more time before telling him to scram before Gally got there.

Gally came and told me I looked stunning as he escorted me down the tree house and towards the homestead. The Gladers were in two straight lines that led to the front of the building where a beaming Newt, Alby, Minho, and Chuck stood. When Gally got me to Newt he kissed my cheek and stood by Chuck he smiled at me.

Minho looked like a proud father and winked at me when I looked at him.

"Alright, you shanks," Alby called. "let's get this started. You two shall be wed in the ways of the Glade. Do you promise to uphold your duties to each other in their times of need?"

"I do," we said in unison smiling.

"Do you promise to guard one another so that they may be safe and protected?"

"I do."

"Do you, Newt, take y/n, to be your life so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Newt said beaming at me. He never took his eyes off of me throughout the whole service.

"And do you, y/n, take newt to be your husband so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I said, joy pouring out of every pore in my body.

"Then with the power in me as leader of the Glade, I announce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride you shank," Alby concluded grinning at Newt.

Newt smiled and stepped closer to me and then kissed me a lot like our first kiss. Soft, and sweet.

We spent the rest of the day celebrating and having fun. At the end of the day though, just after dinner, Newt gave a speech.

"Hello everyone. Thank you all so bloody much for coming to our wedding, even though you didn't have a choice," he added playfully. A few people chuckled but Newt pressed on. "I'd like to take this moment to thank y/n. For everything. I think we all can agree that she is incredible. She has done so much in so little time. I feel like I've known her a whole lifetime. I wish I had. Nobody is like you. You are compassionate, sweet loving, absolutely gorgeous, and the only person who can out-sass Minho." He said laughing.

"Ha!" Minho intervened. "She wishes."

Newt and I chuckled. He put his hand on my shoulder now and I felt tears of joy running down my face.

"I love you, y/n. With all my heart. So long as I live, I am going to dedicate everyday to you. To y/n," he said raising his cup. Everyone toasted me back and I knew it was my turn.

"Alright. Thank you sweetie. Well, I am not nearly as good as speeches as you are so instead I am going to be singing a song that I think describes our love story rather well. This is the song Can't Help Falling In Love With You.

Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be.

Take my hand. Take my whole life, too, for I can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be.

Take my hand. Take my whole life, too, for I can't help falling in love with you.

I can't help falling in love with you.

I finished the song and sat next to a crying Newt. He held me close and whispered in my ear, "That was beautiful my love."

Then the day was over. Newt and I headed over to our new home. Together. I changed back into my normal clothes and so did he. Then we got into bed. Newt put his arm around me and we cuddled until I fell asleep.

----------

Hey guys!!

I know you may want to stop here with the dream fairytale ending but there will be more because I really want this to be a love story between you and Newt and marriage is the beginning of the most romantic adventure of all!

Please keep reading and leave comment son what I could improve and what you want to happen between you and Newt.