The Memory (Bard)

Tauriel looks tense as we walk Sigrid back to the house. Sigrid is uncommonly annoying and I worry, despite the fact that Tauriel had assured me this was just a side effect.

"Why can't we go any faster?" Sigrid whined "I want to read... and what about Tauriel's story?" Tauriel blushes slightly, even under the circumstances I can tell she is pleased that Sigrid remembered. Memory is a fine and precious thing. Without our memories we would be nothing, and when someone remembers you after a long time it is pleasing, sensational even.

I often revisit memories of Lolita, and I can daydream. Or at least dream at night, my day has become to busy to wonder about how things would be if Lolita had never existed. She would want that though, for me to get over her and move on with my life.

"Tilda and Bard are also waiting for the story too, and the story we shall all have." I say nodding at Tauriel who once again colors with a beautiful smile. She spends to much time concentrating on NOT thinking about Kili. I wish I could tell her about it, she might be the first to truly understand.

"Good." Sigrid crossed her arms and walked ahead of Tauriel and me. I grab Tauriel's arm and pull her aside, so Sigrid won't hear and get upset.

"Will you take her tomorrow?" I ask her, her grin falters for just a second and I wonder if I have finally reached the limit of which I can ask no more of her.

"It would be my pleasure, you know I love them as if they were my own." She laughs.

"Sometimes I feel as if they are yours." I grin, Tauriel shakes her head at the sad joke. Tilda gives Tauriel her customary greeting and Tauriel spins her around, however this time is different. Tilda is getting bigger, eating larger portions Tauriel strains to pick her up every single time. It feels as though a heavy weight hangs over our heads, and it's only a matter of time before it falls.