The Alive (Kili)

I'm alive...at least I think I am. I sit up meeting a pair of deep blue eyes, at first I think they belong to Tauriel and I lean forward... only to find that they belong to Thranduil.

A brown fleck in my peripheral vision disappears with a whoosh and a flash of blue light, I turn to see what caused it but Thranduil sent me a warning glance.  

"Oh, It's you." I spare him the "Evil Eye" and try to get up. A manly scream rips from my chest and I drop my arms. Thranduil frowns.

"Where is Tauriel?" I ask, my last moments I remember are filled with Tauriel's face as I whisper her name.

"Slow down, young dwarf." He says, "You must first earn immortality."

"What? Why?!" I am in hysterics.

"Because one day you will grow old and die, as all mortals do." Thranduil cracks for a minute showing me all he needs to in his eyes. I can't break her heart again.

"What must be done?" I ask brushing dirt and snow and wind out of my eyes.

"You must travel beyond the lonely mountain, beyond the shire, and into the heart of Mirkwood where you must find the Calcite heart of Gladriel, for it was she who discovered the gem which can be used to create and give immortality." Thranduil almost says it too quickly.

I will fight for her.