The Help continued... (Bard)

Today is my vacation day, the day on which I must do no work. Tauriel is joining us as usual. Tauriel is a gentle quiet creature, although I doubt she was before Kili, I could see it in her eyes when she couldn't leave him. She was in love.

"Ada!" Tilda squeals, I allowed her to stay on Tauriel's roof last night because Tauriel had a sharp eye for any kind of danger. "I got to look at all the stars!" I nod to Tauriel as she enters and greets Sigrid.

"Did you know the story of the constellation Elros?" Of course I do, it was Laketown folklore in my childhood. Until the "Master" took over and put the story to rest because it expressed ideas of freedom amongst towns like ours. "Do you ada?!"

"Why, of course!" Bain says from the kitchen "father told me the story every night before bed!" Tauriel smiles, we are making her feel at home.

"Let Tauriel tell it!" Tilda jumps into my arms "She's the best at it!" 

"How about we finish getting ready for the market, then Tauriel can give us a quick version before we all leave." Bain, Tilda, and Sigrid nod. They race up the stairs and into the bedroom they all share. We could have chosen the palace-like stronghold of Dale but I prefer to keep my children humble and kind.

"Thank you again for looking after her." I say, Tilda can be a lot to handle especially for Sigrid and Bain. "You know how much this means to me."

"It is healing." Tauriel murmurs "She keeps my mind from... from..."

"Him." I offer, I understand how hard it is losing a loved one... when I lost Lolita my world crashed. Lolita, my wife was young beautiful and undeserving of her death.

"Tell me, what was Lolita like?" She knows that I am at the stage in which I can once again talk about her, in fact I enjoy it. I feel as though I am teaching my children who she is.

"She was incredibly headstrong, she loved her children more than life itself." I pause "She died for them." I can't reminisce and I have learned how not to, I fear however that Tauriel may never know how. I was about to say more when Tilda ran down the stairs in a flurry.

"Ada! You must come, it's Sigrid!" Tilda rushed her words, Tauriel and I shared a glance.

"What's wrong Tilda?" I ask slowly.

 "We don't know, hurry!" Tilda cries, Tauriel reaches out for a leftover supply of Kingsfoil that Tilda saved after Kili needed it. We race up the stairs, and pause not knowing what to think of this.