Chapter 42 - Our Story

Start from the beginning

Weiss couldn't be happier of where she was in her life. She was eternally grateful to have met someone like Ruby and her family, never forgetting what they have done for her during her rough life. She would always be in their debt whether they liked it or not. But she would always feel ashamed of hurting Ruby when she had gone out with Yang.

She developed feelings for Ruby a bit before she started dating Yang, she didn't know why she had decided to go out with her but her guess was the way she had treated her when she failed to get Ruby's attention. Ruby was oblivious to the hints that Weiss was constantly giving her that it made her feel unwanted and lonely. When Yang started putting the moves on her the unwanted and loneliness feeling were beginning to lift by little and it was better than nothing. Therefore when Yang had asked her out she agreed. However, she didn't feel the same happiness and connection when she was with Ruby while she was with Yang. The look in Ruby's eyes when she walked in on her and Yang engaging in sexual relations was heartbreaking to Weiss. She had never seen the hyperactive redhead so broken and depressed in her life.

That day she knew she had made a mistake of even giving Yang the time of day of being her girlfriend and to even give her her virginity. They both broke it off after they both agreed that the relationship wasn't worth hurting Ruby. Plus Yang grew tired of the relationship and wanted to mess around with other people.

It took about three years for things to go back to normal between Ruby and Weiss (along with the help of Yang). When Ruby had learned that Weiss was transferring to Beacon she followed her. If it weren't for Yang she would have let Weiss go.

~Flashback~

"Helloooooo???? Are you even listening?"

"Hm?" Ruby looked away from the window to look at her sister.

Yang sighed in frustration. "Seriously? You're just gonna let her leave without saying anything?" she crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes. "If she want's to go to a different school then that is her right..." Ruby looked back out the window as she laid her head on her desk. "Ruby, come on, we both know that you are not okay with this!" Yang bit her tongue as she remembered that she had to keep her temper in check, yelling wasn't going to help.

"Why do I have to care? Shouldn't you be the one?" she glared at her sister. Yang growled "Oh for fuck sakes! Are you still going on about that? That happened three years ago!" she clenched her fists. "I told you that I was sorry! I didn't know that you had a thing for Weiss! If I knew I would have never gone for her! You can't just keep holding on to the past. Why can't you let it go?"

"Because I'm not good enough!" Ruby yelled.

Yang loosened her fists as she looked at her now trembling sister.

"I was jealous of you..." she began.

"You and Weiss are the same... both beautiful, popular, loved, great in sports, and many other things. Me? Heh... I am nothing... I am way out of her league, Yang...." she was on the verge of tears when she felt Yang hit her behind the head. "Gah!" she rubbed it to ease the pain. "What the hell was that for?" she glared at her sister.

Yang shook her head, rolling her eyes "You're an idiot Ruby" she sat down at the desk in front of her so they could see eye to eye. "You don't need to be perfect in order to be with Wiess. You're perfect in your own way. Plus, I seen the way you look at her and care for her despite the tension you two have been having towards each other. You two still have that connection from long ago, it never disappeared even after you found out about Weiss and I"

Ruby snorted in disinterest "And exactly what was that connection? I don't think there's a word for what it was"

Yang grit her teeth in anger "Actually there is a word for what it STILL is" her eyes were red from the frustration and anger that she was developing from Ruby's stubbornness. "You're in love with her Ruby. If you're looking for the word that means caring for someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you, it's love." Ruby looked at her sister in shock. "And when you love someone you just don't stop. Ever." Ruby looked away as she tried to think of something to argue back with. She knew her sister right and she hated to admit it. But she still didn't know what to do. Learning that Weiss had transferred had hurt like hell knowing that she wouldn't get to admire the white haired girl anymore. She was frustrated and couldn't think "I can't shake this feeling that nothing about me and Weiss make any sense!" she growled out loud in frustration without realizing it.